posts are slow

Old January 6th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default posts are slow

not all showing up again...oh well

Old January 7th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

spinninglilac wrote:
not all showing up again...oh well

I seem to be getting them.

Higs,
Katherine

Old January 7th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Cher & Katherine,

Mine haven't shown up since the two I posted around 1:40 this
afternoon. Google guys are getting rich and the service is going down
the tube.

Hugs,

Nora

Old January 7th 06, 08:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

When I click onto the newsgroup via OE, it connects and downloads, then
says something like, 39unread......42not downloaded, so normally I would
go to Tools and clickon get next 300 messages and the ones outstanding would
come in, but they never do now, I have to actually post something to get
the rest of them...weird

LOL cheers......Cher
"spinninglilac" wrote in message
. uk...
not all showing up again...oh well

Old January 7th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"spinninglilac" wrote in message
. uk...
When I click onto the newsgroup via OE, it connects and downloads, then
says something like, 39unread......42not downloaded, so normally I would
go to Tools and clickon get next 300 messages and the ones outstanding

would
come in, but they never do now, I have to actually post something to get
the rest of them...weird

LOL cheers......Cher
"spinninglilac" wrote in message
. uk...
not all showing up again...oh well

I wonder if there is a problem with certain ISPs our connections along the
way. Google always seems slow to respond to posts IME, but using my
newgroup reader, I've been seeing posts right away, and haven't experienced
any delays for some time now.

Karen in MN

Old January 7th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

wish I knew, but by answering this I should now be able to download the 63
it says aren't downloaded...oh well, if I go to tools to get the next lot
of new messages it doesn't do anything, might be the way this is set up,
shall have to investigate, trouble is when you investigate you or at least
I can at times mess something else up...LOL

hugz Cher

t...

Old January 8th 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"spinninglilac" wrote in message
. uk...
wish I knew, but by answering this I should now be able to download the

63
it says aren't downloaded...oh well, if I go to tools to get the next lot
of new messages it doesn't do anything, might be the way this is set up,
shall have to investigate, trouble is when you investigate you or at

least
I can at times mess something else up...LOL

hugz Cher

As I mentioned in an earlier post elsewhere, there are at least 4
worms/virii floating around the 'net right now trying to damage any computer
(except Macs of course). That's not to say this is the problem you're
having, but it could possibly be. Make sure your virus protection is up to
date and your firewall is on!

Shelagh

Old January 8th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, and to add to what Shelagh just said, even if you have all your
protection in place, and the virii /worms aren't affecting your particular
system, it's quite possible they could be affecting the channels en route to
your system. There's a real biggy out there right now, came to light last
week, and last I saw on CNN, Microsoft was working on a fix, but it wouldn't
be available until this week.

Old January 8th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

[...]

I guess the criticism got to Microsoft as they have released the fix..... go
get it!!

Shelagh

OT Rant about posts frood Quilting 121 September 26th 05 01:54 PM
RCTN - Newsgroup FAQ Barbara Hass Needlework 28 September 9th 05 11:10 PM
Test Posts, general info about rec.crafts.jewelry Peter W.. Rowe, Jewelry 0 April 18th 05 04:36 AM
fixing ear posts to titanium? Des Bromilow Jewelry 4 August 10th 04 04:45 PM
Slow Delivery from Patternworks? Nancy in Livermore, CA Yarn 6 May 4th 04 02:19 PM