Mar-Bek's Nativity

Old January 31st 05, 06:09 PM
Maureen Miller

Default Mar-Bek's Nativity

O.K. I have 10,000 WIP's but Mar-Bek's Nativity is calling out to me.
Can anybody tell me how long this project will take me to stitch? I'm
thinking that if I hide the six charts at the back of the drawer behind
all the other "Must Have's" that just maybe DH won't notice them.....
But will I really ever stitch it? )

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.
Old January 31st 05, 06:44 PM
Kim McAnnally

LOL - I've been "working" on that one for about five years. Granted, I
haven't actually picked it up and stitched on it for four.....
Kim

--
Quality Products, Friendly Service
www.kims-stitchingshop.com

Old January 31st 05, 06:47 PM
'Nez

Maureen Miller wrote:
O.K. I have 10,000 WIP's but Mar-Bek's Nativity is calling out to

me.
Can anybody tell me how long this project will take me to stitch?

I'm
thinking that if I hide the six charts at the back of the drawer

behind
all the other "Must Have's" that just maybe DH won't notice them.....

But will I really ever stitch it? )

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

My sister did hers in 1 year. I never got past the center panels.
Whatever you decide, do what you have to. Stitch away. Frances

Old January 31st 05, 06:54 PM
Brenda

If you ever start it, you will be ahead of me. The price for the
materials is daunting. The price for the frame (and yes, I like the
sectional frame) is ghastly. I've had the charts in my stash for about
eight years (I think) and the fabric, fibers, and frame on my wish list
for almost three years. Maybe someday...

Old January 31st 05, 08:20 PM
Brenda

I'm sure it is a reasonable price for what you are getting. It is just
ghastly compared to my budget. Same thing with the fabric and fibers.
The price didn't really bother me back when I was working which is when
I bought the charts. $200 is more than I spent last year on stitching
supplies, framing materials, and needlework subscriptions combined.

Ericka Kammerer wrote:
Is it really? That's a lot of frame. There's
probably more than 15' of molding involved, plus
hardware and assembly and such. $200 retail doesn't seem
unusual for that.

--
Brenda

Old January 31st 05, 09:18 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Brenda wrote:

I'm sure it is a reasonable price for what you are getting. It is just
ghastly compared to my budget. Same thing with the fabric and fibers.
The price didn't really bother me back when I was working which is when
I bought the charts. $200 is more than I spent last year on stitching
supplies, framing materials, and needlework subscriptions combined.

I see--I certainly agree that it's a whopping expensive
project, and not for the faint of heart or budget ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old January 31st 05, 09:24 PM
Maureen Miller

Well actually I was only going to get the charts now, and pick up the
other things as I could afford them. Of course, there's always my
birthday, Christmas, Mother's Day.... ) I should be ready to start
stitching about the same time I begin my retirement! LOL

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

Old February 1st 05, 02:09 AM
bungadora

Ten years from now when you have time, but can't find the pattern
you'll wish you had bought it.

I have never seen this one, so I took a look on the net and found it.
Lovely! Do you have a Canadian source?

btw my search also revealed that the Mad Stitcher referred to by Darla
is working on the Marbek Nativity.

Dora the Enabler

Old February 1st 05, 10:24 PM
Maureen Miller

You're right! I'll go buy the charts. The threads, frame, etc. can
wait. I'll buy the charts now, stitch up everything in my 'To Do'
stash, THEN I'll buy the "accessories" ) As for the mad stitcher,
I'll just have to find a new name. Just because I AM one, doesn't mean I
have to be labeled as such. LOL Maybe I'll call myself the light -
speed stitcher, or the petit point professor, of which I am neither! )

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

nativity GRAHAM WALKER Needlework 0 October 29th 04 01:54 PM
nativity patterns Jim Carving 0 July 18th 04 03:56 PM
Nativity Scene K. C. Needlework 3 September 1st 03 11:00 PM