EQ

Old November 30th 11, 04:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default OT Corded phones, clock faces, and what do they teach children

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 16:05:03 -0800, Sandy wrote:

In article ,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

You must have missed that conversation that sort of wandered off.
'Some' of us are telephone challenged and won't even answer one unless
it has a cord attached. Polly

Thanks for explaining that, Polly -- I did miss it. g I don't think my
grandchildren have ever used/seen a corded telephone, which boggles my
mind. g

Here is some more to boggle about.
When I was out in Colorado last summer my great-nephew who is not quite
13 did the point at the wrist and raise the brows motion towards me. I
took out my pocket watch and handed it to him. He was boggled. He had
no idea how to read it. It is your typical clock face with hands and
roman numerals, winding knob at the three. Not only did he not know how
to read a clock with a face, he couldn't read roman numerals!

NightMist
--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old November 30th 11, 04:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default OT Corded phones, clock faces, and what do they teach children these days? was EQ

That really is a boggler. If he can't at least grasp the principle of
a clock face, he's going to need adult supervision for the rest of his
life.
There are some very sophisticated watches with no numerals at all. And
then there's the tourist-trap version, a Bavarian cuckoo clock with
hands that run backwards.
Roberta in D

Old November 30th 11, 05:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Default EQ

After some searching around, I see that I no longer have the
instruction book, or the registration number. So is this disc junk?

Karen

On 2011-11-29 18:48:02 -0600, Sally Swindells said:

Just thought - don't forget to include the registration number (I think
its printed at the back of the instruction book), or whoever gets it
wont be able to register it/use it.

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

On 28/11/2011 13:56, Karen wrote:
Would anyone want my EQ5?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old November 30th 11, 06:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Denise in NH[_2_]

On Nov 28, 8:56*am, Karen, Queen of Squishies hicall80 @ mchsi.com
wrote:
Would anyone want my EQ5?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

I have the EQ5 and it's not hard to use at all. Great deal for someone.
Old November 30th 11, 09:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary in Rock Island IL[_2_]

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:30:48 -0600, Karen, Queen of Squishies
hicall80 @ mchsi.com wrote:

After some searching around, I see that I no longer have the
instruction book, or the registration number. So is this disc junk?

Karen

Check with the people at EQ.

From the forums, here is the contact info:

Send an email to or call them at
419-352-1134 (M-F, 9-5 EST).

Old December 1st 11, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna[_7_]

Don't the schools still have clocks on the wall that are a regular
clock face & not digital? Can't believe a 12 yo can't read a regular
watch/clock!

Donna in Idaho

Old December 1st 11, 02:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Our kitchen clock gets so many different reactions. It has the 12 where it
belongs. The rest of the numbers have fallen to the bottom except for the 5
which rides around on the minute hand. It's been a kitchen staple for about
40 years. The little folks want to know why we don't fix it, the grouches
want to know why we don't get rid of it. The brick-masons who laid our
patio wanted to know where they could buy one. Digital may be efficient but
it's surely not much fun. Polly

Old December 1st 11, 01:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 20:17:38 -0600, Polly Esther wrote
(in article ):

Our kitchen clock gets so many different reactions. It has the 12 where it
belongs. The rest of the numbers have fallen to the bottom except for the 5
which rides around on the minute hand. It's been a kitchen staple for about
40 years. The little folks want to know why we don't fix it, the grouches
want to know why we don't get rid of it. The brick-masons who laid our
patio wanted to know where they could buy one. Digital may be efficient but
it's surely not much fun. Polly

I can't believe it! Polly, we have the same kitchen clock!

Maureen

Old December 1st 11, 04:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I'm betting that your clock has been as much fun as ours. . . or maybe that
we need to join a 12-step program for time management. =) Polly

Old December 1st 11, 06:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Wed, 30 Nov 2011 18:44:15 -0700, Donna wrote:

Don't the schools still have clocks on the wall that are a regular clock
face & not digital? Can't believe a 12 yo can't read a regular
watch/clock!

Neither could I!
I thought for sure he was having me on.
Then for a second I thought it was just the roman numerals and told him
to just ignore them and look at where the hands were. He got upset with
me, so it must have been real.
I did use my pocke****ch to show him how to read a clock, which made me
feel very much like my great-grandfather. I don't think he much saw the
use of it.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?