This stinks

Old November 28th 11, 01:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default This stinks

I want you to see what I'm quilting. We want to know what you're quilting.
There was a skunk print here that was so precious I had to just 'make' me
cut into it. I've framed the blocks in gray and then black only because
those were the winners on the design wall. That sounds much too serious but
first you have to see the little stinkers. What are you stitching or are
you still sleeping off apple pie for breakfast? Polly The sweet little
kitties with bushy white stripes down the back are at
http://www.patchworkpenguin.com/cgi-...28&pid=1#14528

Old November 28th 11, 02:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

Now that's why I want to be like you when I grow up! I would have seen
that fabric and said, "Ewwwww!" I never would have bought it, much less
used it. But they are so sweet, and I'm picturing them frolicing across
the top of a quilt - good work!

Okay, so what am I quilting? I just finished a QOV, but it looks like
I'll be removing some of the quilting due to tension issues. I have a
t-shirt quilt to do for a friend, and then I hope to get back to my own
stuff. On the design wall is a Route 66 quilt - one block for each of
the states it goes through and a few "generic" blocks to complete it. I
was aiming for Christmas, but that's so not happening!

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

Old November 28th 11, 02:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Growing up to be just like me is easy enough, Louise. You just don't set
your goal very high. Age 4 is about right. No worries except maybe
monsters under the bed. If you saw the legs off of your bed no monsters can
get under there. Life is good. Polly

Old November 28th 11, 02:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 28/11/2011 14:30, Polly Esther wrote:
Growing up to be just like me is easy enough, Louise. You just don't
set your goal very high. Age 4 is about right. No worries except maybe
monsters under the bed. If you saw the legs off of your bed no monsters
can get under there. Life is good. Polly

Growing up s for kids. I gave it up years ago.

Yours is the perfect solution to monsters under the bed.

The skunks are lovely.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old November 28th 11, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Too cute! OK, I need to see the quilt! Thinking you might could sash
those framed blocks with hot pink or something.

I'm taking a break today from the friendship quilt, which is finished
(picture he
http://fawcofoundation.org/index.php...6&It emid=143,
except the webmistress got it upside down.) Started another pair of
socks. Made some little tree ornament hearts out of buttons, gifts for
the members of my reading group.
Roberta in D

Old November 28th 11, 03:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Louise in Iowa" Now that's why I want to be like you when I grow up! I
would have seen
that fabric and said, "Ewwwww!" I never would have bought it, much less
used it. But they are so sweet, and I'm picturing them frolicing across
the top of a quilt - good work!

Okay, so what am I quilting? I just finished a QOV, but it looks like I'll
be removing some of the quilting due to tension issues. I have a t-shirt
quilt to do for a friend, and then I hope to get back to my own stuff. On
the design wall is a Route 66 quilt - one block for each of the states it
goes through and a few "generic" blocks to complete it. I was aiming for
Christmas, but that's so not happening!

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

Louise I really like your quilt with the doll. I am considering something
like it, but without the doll for my bed.
Thanks for the idea. Barbara in FL

Old November 28th 11, 04:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

In article ,
"Polly Esther" wrote:

I want you to see what I'm quilting. We want to know what you're quilting.
There was a skunk print here that was so precious I had to just 'make' me
cut into it. I've framed the blocks in gray and then black only because
those were the winners on the design wall. That sounds much too serious but
first you have to see the little stinkers. What are you stitching or are
you still sleeping off apple pie for breakfast? Polly The sweet little
kitties with bushy white stripes down the back are at
http://www.patchworkpenguin.com/cgi-...Novelty&produc
tid=14528&tracking4=search%2014528&pid=1#14528

You are too fun and clever! Maybe something bright between those blocks
in the end? Or, maybe you'll find just the right stripe for binding :-)

I'm working on Bonnie Hunters annual mystery. I'm also ready to put the
binding on my husband's birthday quilt from (ahem) last year. Pictures
of that when it's finished.

http://peek.org/marcella/2011/11/mon...l-november-28/

marcella
Old November 29th 11, 01:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

Polly,

I've been sewing up a storm as well, and just finished three quilted
table runners and an apron (not quilted). You can see them all he

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...93601673YYzCBo

The first runner is a wedding gift for a friend's daughter, it's the
2nd marriage for both and they're going to live in the Virgin Islands
- so I wanted to make something tropical. The apron is a Christmas
gift for a friend, and the other two table runners are for me!

I **adore** the skunk fabric - they look so real. I sure hope to see
a picture of your quilt when it's finished!

-Irene

Old November 29th 11, 02:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

How cute!
Immediately Bambi and the little skunk named Flower came to mind.

Ginger in CA
skunks on fabric are good. Stay there. Do not move off the side of the
road! [whew!]

kitties with bushy white stripes down the back are athttp://www.patchworkpenguin.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?product=Novel...

Old November 29th 11, 12:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

On Nov 28, 8:51*am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
I want you to see what I'm quilting. *We want to know what you're quilting.
There was a skunk print here that was so precious I had to just 'make' me
cut into it. *I've framed the blocks in gray and then black only because
those were the winners on the design wall. *That sounds much too serious but
first you have to see the little stinkers. *What are you stitching or are
you still sleeping off apple pie for breakfast? *Polly * *The sweet little
kitties with bushy white stripes down the back are athttp://www.patchworkpenguin.com/cgi-bin/Store/store.cgi?product=Novel...

i love the skunks! i'll need to order some of that fabric-my DD (age
17) wants a pet skunk. NOT with two dogs in the house!

Right now, quilting is on hold...have some simple projects in the
works--my DH's dobsonian telescope is living in the dining room. he
has it covered with a black plastic bag. this is REALLY UGLY to
me...i'm sewing a very simple cover for it. and I've decided i really
REALLY need new curtains in the bedroom. so, bought some fabric for
that project. Plus a holiday tablecloth, plus using the embroidery
machine to make candy cane holders for DS (age 9) class at school....

betsey