Great Internet Shop Service

Old September 12th 07, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
witchystitcher

Default Great Internet Shop Service

After Suzanne Rose was born, I was trying to decide what kind of quilt
to make her when I remembered a quilt kit I bought a few years ago. I
bought it because it made such a beautiful display on my antique
sewing machine. It was fabric from P&B's Rosewater collection. The
main fabric looked like a beautiful water color of roses and it was
all nicely packaged in a heart shaped tin. Any way I decided to cut
into it, and realized that it really would need to be backed with
fabric from the collection. The selvedge showed the collection was
2004. I googled the collection and wasn't having much luck and those
sites that did have some seemed to be charging a premium or
exhorbitant shipping.

I then went through some of my saved links and landed on Thousands
Bolts and Just One Nut. (Thousandsofbolts.com) Not only did they have
the entire collection, but it was only $3.95 a yard - less than half
of any other place that had it. They also charged VERY reasonable
shipping - $4.95 for 6 yards (ok, so I ordered more than I needed).
Another site I had looked at wanted $16.95 to ship 3 yards at $9.95
yd.

But the best part is that I ordered in late Sunday night and I'm
sitting here fondling it now.
Linda
PATCHogue, NY
Old September 12th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Linda, I think that post puts you in the enabler category. Welcome. You
are in excellent company. I'll check them out tonight. As to the $ 16.95
shipping at another place, that ought to be a felony. Grrrrrrr. Polly

Old September 13th 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

That is really great looking stuff! I have bookmarked the page. yummmmmy

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

Old September 13th 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
WitchyStitcher wrote:

[...]

Wow! That's *fast* -- and very reasonable!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net