Quilterscache has a new block :)

Old September 11th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

Default Quilterscache has a new block :)

I went and looked at the kitties and left!! Forgot all about the Bed of
Stars!! Finally went back. Don't ya just love EQ? Nice looking
arrangement of those stars!

Meanwhile I played with EQ to design a quilt that I had sketched out on
paper at the quilt shop. A woman at school last year had given me a panel
with 6 ladies. Each part of the panel is 15x22. They are black silhouettes
with cream background. So I just kept alternating between the coffee pot,
the Bed of Stars, and The Ladies!

Guess I'll have to upload my ladies to Webshots.

--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

"Sally Swindells" wrote in message
SewVeryCreative wrote:
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Now Kay, I really don't know if what I'm asking can be whipped out in 5
minutes or is a royal pain-in-the-neck. Would you show us the square
with
white stars on blue? Maybe I should just buy an EQ and leave you in

peace.
The easy way would be to get out my crayons and see for myself. I can
do
that and let you return to your regularly-scheduled day. Polly

Here's my attempts ....
http://community.webshots.com/user/SewSewCreative

"Kay Ahr" wroteI played. See the results of

RWB
tinkering in EQ6 in the "Bed of Stars from
Quilter's Cache" Album. I think I like 3 and 4 the best.
--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr
to respond to me directly, remove "WESTHI" from the email address

And I made a quilt!!

Also in Quilts in Progress - Kiwi inspecting the latest baby quilt. It now
has the borders on, and I hope to get it sandwiched tomorrow, and photos
without Kiwi, hopefully! will follow soon.

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Old September 11th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

there are designer fabrics with pop up name in EQ4.
i tried and it will change colours in those designer fabs too.
so i'd think imported fabs will also be able to change the colours on them.
will let ya know if it works, in a few minutes.
jeanne

"Pati C." wrote...
If I remember correctly, a lot of the "fabrics" in the earlier versions of
EQ were virtual fabrics, not scans of actual fabric. Just checked. IF you
look in EQ5, Fabric Library, you can see EQ4 and EQ3 fabrics. When you put
the cursor on them there is no "pop up" of the name of the fabric. So they
aren't "real" fabrics, but ones made up by the staff. Which is probably
why you can change the color of them.

HTH,
Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

Kay Ahr wrote:
WOW!! Now that would definitely come in handy. Tried it in EQ5 and EQ6,
but couldn't get that option when I right-clicked on a quilt or on a
block. I do have some EQ3 and EQ4 fabric palettes. Were those actual
fabrics in EQ3 and EQ4?

Old September 11th 07, 11:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

havent played with EQ in ages so i'm possibly doing something wrong, who
knows.
i went to hoffmans fab site, saved a fabric in the right format to use in
eq.
imported it into the library.
got it into the palette.
it will go into the pop up window to 'add colourways' but
it doesnt show the fabric in the righthand box to make changes.
hmmmm. like i said, could be me or not.
i found in the past rather than all that messing about importing etc,
i'd just use a fabric already there and similar to the texture i wanted and
fiddle the colours with that one. usually was close enough to suffice.
i did have probs when importing to get the size of the testure on the
thumbnail
to work right in eq, oh well.
close enough there was good enough for me.
cheers,
jeanne

"nzlstar*" wrote...

Old September 12th 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Kay: Thanks, it is fun to see the variations. I like #4
best. Since that block is especially pretty when set
side by side, I would make half the blocks with red
center and blue corner pieces, half the blocks with
blue center and red corner. That would result in two
tone stars where the corners meet. Marcia's picture of
the full quilt design is on page two of that pattern.
http://www.quilterscache.com/B/Bedof...ock_Page2.html
PAT in VA/USA

Old September 12th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

Pat, you are welcome!! I enjoyed having an excuse to play in EQ this
morning.

And I learned a way to get fabrics from EQ5 to EQ6. I don't quite remember
how, but it will come back to me. I'll probably find some simpler way in
one of my 9 EQ books!!

I do love to play with color! It's my adult version of the 64 box of
crayons, which apparently has gotten up to 96 colors.

Old September 12th 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

Close enough is usually good enough for me too. I just don't like dealing
with the solid colors -- they seem so stark! They do save space in the size
of the file if I want to email the project to someone though.

The only versions of EQ I have had are EQ5 and EQ6. And I'm still earning
them! And I'll probably still be learning them when another version comes
out! I just love tinkering with EQ.
--

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
i found in the past rather than all that messing about importing etc,
i'd just use a fabric already there and similar to the texture i wanted
and
fiddle the colours with that one. usually was close enough to suffice.
close enough there was good enough for me.
cheers,
jeanne

Quilterscache Sally Swindells Quilting 16 July 26th 07 01:03 AM
name that block Polly Esther Quilting 20 April 3rd 06 08:43 PM
thank you for your help with car block psuj Quilting 0 October 30th 05 09:52 PM
"Strolling the Block" block exchange....members wanted! Terbear Quilting 5 October 4th 04 04:45 AM
Cat block Help CHARLES MURPHY Quilting 3 December 5th 03 12:50 PM