So much for my "diet"

Old March 18th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default So much for my "diet"

The "new" yarn store - which has been open for a year now - put out
the word last week that they'd be having an anniversary sale today.
Everything in the store was 20% off, except the stuff that was 30%
off.

So much for my New Years' resolution to buy no new yarn or fiber this
year! Two vests, a shawl, a throw, many pairs of socks, some
circulars, and a scarf for Meemaw later I managed to escape, but just
barely.

I have to say, even though the "new" shop is a 25 mile drive it is
certainly worth the trip. The "old" shop just doesn't carry any good
basic yarns anymore while the new shop has pretty much everything I
ever want to work with that isn't my own handspun.

Now if I could just get past the blinding Barbie-pink shade of this
wool for Meemaw's scarf...

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old March 18th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Wooly wrote:
The "new" yarn store - which has been open for a year now - put out
the word last week that they'd be having an anniversary sale today.
Everything in the store was 20% off, except the stuff that was 30%
off.

So much for my New Years' resolution to buy no new yarn or fiber this
year! Two vests, a shawl, a throw, many pairs of socks, some
circulars, and a scarf for Meemaw later I managed to escape, but just
barely.

I have to say, even though the "new" shop is a 25 mile drive it is
certainly worth the trip. The "old" shop just doesn't carry any good
basic yarns anymore while the new shop has pretty much everything I
ever want to work with that isn't my own handspun.

Now if I could just get past the blinding Barbie-pink shade of this
wool for Meemaw's scarf...

Great way to break a diet!

Higs,
Katherine

Old March 18th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Wooly" wrote in message
The "new" yarn store - which has been open for a year now - put out
the word last week that they'd be having an anniversary sale today.
Everything in the store was 20% off, except the stuff that was 30%
off.

So much for my New Years' resolution to buy no new yarn or fiber this
year! Two vests, a shawl, a throw, many pairs of socks, some
circulars, and a scarf for Meemaw later I managed to escape, but just
barely.

I have to say, even though the "new" shop is a 25 mile drive it is
certainly worth the trip. The "old" shop just doesn't carry any good
basic yarns anymore while the new shop has pretty much everything I
ever want to work with that isn't my own handspun.

Now if I could just get past the blinding Barbie-pink shade of this
wool for Meemaw's scarf...

rotfl.... breaking ^that^ kind of diet is A-OK!
Laughing about you and the PINK, if it totally makes you pukish, I'LL do
it!
(I can handle pink, grin)
Noreen

Old March 18th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Wooly,

That's one thing I would never attempt to do, go on a yarn diet
especially when AC Moore keeps having great sales like all the yarn was
33% off last week and I "only" bought 16 skeins in a variety of colors.

Hugs,

Nora

Old March 18th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 14:35:41 -0600, " YarnWright"
spewed forth :

rotfl.... breaking ^that^ kind of diet is A-OK!
Laughing about you and the PINK, if it totally makes you pukish, I'LL do
it!

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll manage. I will have to do some
therapy knitting (purple scarf for me? Kureyon vest for me? loud-ass
socks for me?) to counter the pink, however, and I certainly won't
work on it before bed lest I have nightmares. My not-so-small-boy
chose the color and asked me to make it up as a Mothers' Day gift for
his Meemaw, though I did have to redirect him to some acceptable yarn.
Its hard to refuse the boy when he sugars me up. I'm a sucker for a
redhead, I guess

(I can handle pink, grin)

I just don't know what I have against pink. Maybe my mother stuffed
me into one too many Shades of Pepto frilly frocks when I was a
toddler and couldn't resist? Or all the Barbies she gave me for
Christmas and birthdays when I wanted GI Joes and capguns made me
resentful of anything pink Maybe I was frightened by the pink
voluptuousness of a Georgia O'Keefe painting when I was an infant (has
she been around that long?)? Maybe my mother had a close encounter
with a pink Chevy when she was pregnant with me? [I don't like Chevy
vehicles OR pink now that I think about it.]

Back to your regularly scheduled rainy Saturday afternoon

+++++++++++++

Old March 18th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Wooly" wrote in message
[...]

ah well, we have other things in common, I guess! I AM a Chevy gal, lol!
But, I know you won't hold it against me, grin!
Noreen
who FINALLY is starting Terri's second sock.... these have been the socks
from HELL... that and I've been having headaches......
(dark green ragg sox)

Old March 19th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

LOL ... sorry but I was just sitting here picturing you dining on small
skeins of pink fluffy yarn, a bite of green wool and several strands of
peach fuzz. LOL!!

Dee

Old March 21st 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Wooly wrote:
[...]

I avoided pastels whenever possible for decades, because they always
made me feel like a little girl who had to make sure her sash was tied
straight behind her back. I still basically don't wear pink. Mom
didn't force me into frilly dresses, I liked them, but I just always had
this feeling that pastels were something you outgrew. I'm changing my
mind now that my increasingly whitening hair is making me look
washed-out in the deep shades I like...but still no pink.