Need Pattern idea?

Old August 29th 03, 09:07 PM
Kathy in CA

Default Need Pattern idea?

Drunkard's Path is also known as Oregon Trail--call it that
--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:

"Jane McClure" wrote in message
m...
Hello everyone,
I want to make a quilt for my brother and I want the quilt to kind of
fit him. I am not sure of all/most quilt patterns or which one would fit
the bill.
My brother has always walked his own path, much to the disappointment

of
my parents. It has taken lots of patience and support to get him into
adulthood. We lost contact with him for a little while but now am making

up
for lost time.
The only pattern that remotely comes to mind is Drunkards Path but he
doesn't drink. And I also have a possible small to medium size novelty
print we/ motorcycles to use on it or maybe a baseball print.

Can someone give me an idea on what kind of pattern that I could use?

could really use all the help I can get.

Thanks everyone for your help, Jane

Old August 29th 03, 09:09 PM
georg

Jane McClure wrote:
Hello everyone,
I want to make a quilt for my brother and I want the quilt to kind of
fit him. I am not sure of all/most quilt patterns or which one would fit
the bill.
My brother has always walked his own path, much to the disappointment of
my parents. It has taken lots of patience and support to get him into
adulthood. We lost contact with him for a little while but now am making up
for lost time.
The only pattern that remotely comes to mind is Drunkards Path but he
doesn't drink. And I also have a possible small to medium size novelty
print we/ motorcycles to use on it or maybe a baseball print.

Call it Dutchman's Puzzle instead. It's the same block.

Or do the block folks call Snail's Trail or Monkey Wrench. It's pretty.
http://www.quilterscache.com/M_O/MonkeyWrenchBlock.html

With the novelty prink, you can do a Stack & Whack of the motorcycles.
That may come out really cool.

-georg

Old August 30th 03, 02:53 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
Haven't seen you in a while, Jane; welcome back.
As for quilt patterns, I'd vote for a LogCabin.
Any combination of colors or them fabrics,
any twisting and turning for the effect you
want. The guys around here love LogCabin quilts.
http://www.vcq.org/specialty%20lesso.../log_cabin.htm
No curves, either. g
Good luck!
Ragmop/Sandy

Old August 30th 03, 08:03 AM
Patti

Hullo Jane
Following on from what Sandy has said: you could do Log Cabins with
different width logs, which give the impression of curves, and then you
could design your own placement to show a meandering way.
The bike or ball fabrics could be used in the centres of the cabins?

(Hope you don't mind my tagging on Ragmop).
..
In article
, Ellison
writes
Howdy!
Haven't seen you in a while, Jane; welcome back.
As for quilt patterns, I'd vote for a LogCabin.
Any combination of colors or them fabrics,
any twisting and turning for the effect you
want. The guys around here love LogCabin quilts.
http://www.vcq.org/specialty%20lesso.../log_cabin.htm
No curves, either. g
Good luck!
Ragmop/Sandy

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 31st 03, 04:03 AM
CHARLES MURPHY

make log caabin or courthouse steps with a big fussy cute motorcycle in the
middle.

--
Mauvice in Central WI USA