Anniversary trip and shopping!!!

Old August 31st 03, 03:54 AM
Ellison

Default Anniversary trip and shopping!!!

Howdy!
Get out a paper map, plot your route:
http://www.clothworks-fabric.com/Qui...tory%20TX1.htm
Von Rensenburg in Stonewall, 2 shops in Kerrville, several others
in that area.
Eating places? All of them. g If you go down I-35,
stop at the Turkey Shop. In San Marcos, one of the beer gardens.
Fredricksburg--just about everywhere.

Of course, the Texas Hill Country is a wide area,
so you could be covering a few hundred miles. g
Enchanted Rock north of Fredricksburg
is a good spot to visit (& climb).
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/park/enchantd/
Austin, San Marcos, Fredricksburg, Johnson City, Uvalde, &
New Braunfels are good stops on the route.
http://www.texashillcountry.com/
Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center,
http://www.wildflower.org/ is gorgeous all year.

If you come back along Hwy.183 north to I-20 (for variety),
be sure to stop at the Rattlesnake Ranch and Petting Zoo.
Vacation trips should be fun! ;-D

Good luck! Happy Anniversary! And have a good time.

Ragmop/Sandy

"David & Barbara Schmidt" wrote in message
My hubby and I are going to the Hill Country for our anniversary. Both
of us grew up here in Texas, he's not been to that area since he was
little, and I've never been.

Does anyone know any good quilt shops in the area? I already intend to
go to the famous one in Stonewall. (von rozenberg's I think it is?).
I've heard about one in Kerrville but can't remember the name.

Any one also know of some great eating places or sights to see?
We'll have about 3 1/2 days to see stuff.

Our Anniversary is Sept. 11th- we were married in '99. Sooooooo
unfortunatey,now he never has an excuse to forget the date. We were
going to have a special evening that year and ended up ordering pizza
and watching the news and crying.

Babs
(Born and raised and still live in Dallas!)
--
"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad
judgment." --Barry LePatner