Dear Jane question

Old October 18th 05, 12:53 AM
Butterfly

Default Dear Jane question

Been asked but I don't know the answer since I don't have either. If you
purchase the Dear Jane CD, do you also have to purchase the book? Or is the
CD stand alone? And what would you consider a 'good price' ?
Thanks.

Butterfly

Old October 18th 05, 01:24 AM
Georg

Butterfly wrote:
Been asked but I don't know the answer since I don't have either. If you
purchase the Dear Jane CD, do you also have to purchase the book? Or is the
CD stand alone? And what would you consider a 'good price' ?
Thanks.

I think you can get by with just the CD without the book- all of the
patterns are there in the CD, once you know the sizes. But it would
depend on how easily familiar you are with the software. If you aren't
computer savvy or comfy with EQ, you may have a tough time with just the
software. The CD has more pictures of finished Janes and the webbed tips
on how to piece the majority of the blocks and triangles (repeated at
www.dearjane.com). The book itself does not have any piecing
instructions- just the blocks and triangles as Brenda interprets after
staring at the Mother Quilt. So Brenda's blocks do differ a little from
the original.

I didn't go hunting for bargains for either- I think I paid about what
was advertised on the web at www.dearjane.com, although I didn't buy it
direct from Brenda.

Hope this is vaguely useful and not vague.

-georg
Old October 18th 05, 01:58 AM
BarbQuilts

No, you can use the software all by itself and it's fairly easy to use. I do
have the book also, but I was taking a 6 month class and got carried away.

http://softexpressions.com had the best price when I got my copy.

--
BarbQuilts
take out the Cat to reply

Old October 18th 05, 01:20 PM
MB

You won't need the book if you have the CD. One thing that I would buy
though is the
ruler set that goes with the book. Just really nice for squaring up the
blocks.
I just went down a week ago to view the
Jane Stickle quilt in Bennington . This was a fun thing to do as I met
others who are working
on it too. You could tell who "knew" about the quilt as they would stick
around really looking...
others "not in the know" would glance at it and walk by !!!....Have fun
working on the blocks!!

Mary

"Butterfly" Been asked but I don't know the answer since I don't have

Old October 18th 05, 04:25 PM
Butterfly

Thank you for all the help. I'll let my friend know : ) She thought it would
be a 'quick quilt' for traveling...not that it would be *done quickly*--just
one that she could do each piece whilst traveling and it would seem to be
'quick' .....think she meant it would make travel time go by faster.

Butterfly

Old October 18th 05, 04:45 PM
Georg

Butterfly wrote:
Thank you for all the help. I'll let my friend know : ) She thought it would
be a 'quick quilt' for traveling...not that it would be *done quickly*--just
one that she could do each piece whilst traveling and it would seem to be
'quick' .....think she meant it would make travel time go by faster.

It is a good quilt for taking a few cut-ahead-of-time blocks with you to
work on while travelling. I've done it, and probably will keep doing that.

-georg
Old October 18th 05, 05:18 PM
Betty in Wi

I did all the easy blocks.....now have the hard ones left. 18 blocks left!!
And I really have to concentrate on those....so not a travelling project
anymore. Probably will make triangles as take along projects now. I only
have 2 of those done.

Betty