totally totally OT flexible silicone bakeware

Old May 10th 04, 02:35 PM
KJ

Default totally totally OT flexible silicone bakeware

Does anyone use the silicone baking dishes, (muffin cups, bundt pans etc)?
I bought a set from an offbeat discount store (Tuesday Morning) that doesn't
have any instructions. Some of the pans have a little plastic ring or
holder that goes under the rim to give it support when picking up the pan.
Does that ring get baked in the oven, or is it removed before baking? I
thought it would be a cool bridal shower gift, but realized I may need to be
in the know about it before gifting it! I'm a Tuesday Morning store addict.

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam-" before mchsi

Old May 10th 04, 03:28 PM
KJ

As Roseann Roseannadanna would say...."Nevermind". I found the info on the
support rings...they actually fit into a groove on the pan and are an
integral part of the dish that way. There is also a temperature range
printed on the pans, so I think I have all the info I need. I unwrapped
them from the cellophane to figure it out. There isn't a brand name, but
I'm giving it with a bunch of other stuff, so I shouldn't look too cheap by
not having a major brand name on it.

Kathyl
remove "nospam-" before mchsi

"John A." wrote in message
On Mon, 10 May 2004 13:35:49 GMT, "KJ"
wrote:

Does anyone use the silicone baking dishes, (muffin cups, bundt pans

etc)?
I bought a set from an offbeat discount store (Tuesday Morning) that

doesn't
have any instructions. Some of the pans have a little plastic ring or
holder that goes under the rim to give it support when picking up the

pan.
Does that ring get baked in the oven, or is it removed before baking? I
thought it would be a cool bridal shower gift, but realized I may need to

be
in the know about it before gifting it! I'm a Tuesday Morning store

addict.

Does it have a brand name on it?

Old May 10th 04, 03:38 PM
Roberta Zollner

I use them and love them! Mine didn't come with support rings, so can't
answer your question. But they seem to do just fine on a baking sheet. No
more paper muffin liners that won't come off clean!
Roberta in D

Old May 10th 04, 06:15 PM
Sandy Foster

In article VyLnc.63338$Ik.4796915@attbi_s53,
"KJ" wrote:

Does anyone use the silicone baking dishes, (muffin cups, bundt pans etc)?
I bought a set from an offbeat discount store (Tuesday Morning) that doesn't
have any instructions. Some of the pans have a little plastic ring or
holder that goes under the rim to give it support when picking up the pan.
Does that ring get baked in the oven, or is it removed before baking? I
thought it would be a cool bridal shower gift, but realized I may need to be
in the know about it before gifting it! I'm a Tuesday Morning store addict.

Kathyl, I don't have any of those, though I saw some with a metal holder
just last weekend in a store. However, my DT (twin, who lives in France)
uses those silicone baking molds for lots of things and loves them.
BTW, I love Tuesday Morning, too! g
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1