Big thanks & tiny hints

Old November 26th 04, 07:08 PM

Default Big thanks & tiny hints

Just wanted to thank all who helped me with my (sometimes lame)
questions. You've made my project run more smoothly. I'm sure I'll be
back with more (sometimes lame) questions, but to say thank you for your
help, so far, I thought I'd throw out a few tips I've stumbled on
myself.

If you're assembling something from a kit, such as the Chrysnbon
Bathroom Accessories kit I just put together, _do not_ remove the pieces
from the 'tree' their attached to, as it says in the instructions. It's
much easier to paint them while they are still attached. When dried, it
just takes one little dab of paint to cover the spot where they were
connected.

If you have small pieces that aren't connected to anything and want to
paint them without painting your fingers or the tweezers you're using to
hold them, here's a solution.

Make a loop of painters masking tape and stick it to your left hand,
then stick the item to the tape. You can easily turn your hand to get
to all of the surfaces as you paint with the other hand. Remove the
tape from your hand without disturbing the item and allow to dry on a
flat surface. If the backside side needs to be painted, just flip it
over to a clean spot of tape and finish it.

The painters tape allows you to easily stick and remove your little
items and will not pull off the paint if it needs to be stuck down on
the painted side. Of course, if they're small enough, you can do
several pieces at a time. I found this particularly helpful when
painting the teensy chain that went on my wee cuckoo clock.

smo

Old November 27th 04, 01:49 AM
Gerald Miller

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:08:31 -0600, wrote:

[...]

Further to this, a couple years ago, the boss lady wanted to shingle a
roof (gingerbread house) with the round disk peppermint candies ( 1"
dia., 3/16" thick, white with radial red lines). She had thought of
using buttons but the fabric shop wanted a quarter each, so I sliced a
couple feet of 1" dowel 1/8"thick on my band saw, and after she had
rough sanded them, stuck them to lines of double sided foam tape on a
scrap of plywood, After a couple coats of rattle can, gloss white
enamel had dried, she used a fine brush to add the red lines. when
this was dry, she then removed them from the tape and shingled her
roof (the back of these were raw wood giving the glue a better grip).
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Old November 29th 04, 12:38 AM
havana bill & holly

I assemble Chrysnbon before painting because I don't want seams to show &
because I paint with acrylics, so I prime with the "rattle can", and stick
the pieces to the strips of tape so they STAY there while being sprayed..

OT Tiny leaves Christina Peterson Beads 2 May 7th 04 03:17 AM
AD: TINY seed beads Kyla Beads 4 January 16th 04 01:56 AM
TINY CHECKERED WALLPAPER/BORDERS? Jennie Doll Houses 0 November 15th 03 05:30 AM
98% OT - Did anybody miss me?/patter of tiny (webbed) feet... Helen Page Beads 3 September 22nd 03 05:31 PM
tiny pearls -- stringing & finishing Jennifer Moore Beads 3 August 20th 03 08:47 PM