Polly's Joke with an aggressive "edge"

Old December 11th 06, 03:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Default Polly's Joke with an aggressive "edge"

I like Polly's joke best, it's short and to the point . This one is a
"wordier" and has a bit of an "edge" to it. By referencing the fact it's
in the deep South, it can help more people to "get" it. Let the Christmas
festivities begin! Polly and Jo have spoken!!!!!!!

================================================== ================================================== =========
A journalist was in a small Alabama town to write up a Christmas report. As
he entered the town square, he was impressed to see a quaint Nativity scene
with figures of Mary, Joseph, the Baby Jesus, and the three wise men. One
thing puzzled him though ... the wise men were all wearing firemen's hats.
He went back to the motel and asked the girl at the front desk if she knew
why the wise men were wearing firemen's hats.

"City folk," she replied, "Ya think ya know ever'thang, don't ya? Y'all
ain't nuthin' but city folk who don't read the Bible!"

"Pardon me, but I do read the Bible," he replied. "There's nothing in the
Bible about firemen's hats!"

Muttering under her breath, she pulled out a Bible from under the desk and
said, "Looky right here. It says, 'They came down from afar'!"

Old December 11th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

KJ wrote:
A journalist was in a small Alabama town to write up a Christmas report.
... the wise men were all wearing firemen's hats.
He went back to the motel and asked the girl at the front desk if she knew
why the wise men were wearing firemen's hats. ...........
said, "Looky right here. It says, 'They came down from afar'!"

GREAT one KJ! But the word "right" should really be spelled "raht",
donchathank? OY -- I've lived in Magnoliaville far too long now -- LOLOL!

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old December 11th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

You are raht! I received this joke a while ago and didn't save it to my
computer. But Google is an amazing thing....I found it on a joke site under
"Redneck jokes". We should do some revising with input from those who speak
the "real deal".

KJ

Old December 11th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Everyone with a correction should add it to the joke until we get it just
right...er, I mean, raht. Instead of "ryecheer", I've heard it as
"rot-cheer"....bad Yankee ears I guess.
KJ

Old December 11th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Georg

KJ wrote:
Everyone with a correction should add it to the joke until we get it just
right...er, I mean, raht. Instead of "ryecheer", I've heard it as
"rot-cheer"....bad Yankee ears I guess.
KJ

Except that T isn't pronounced with the Right... it's built into the
start of the "here" which makes it "tchere" - Rai tchere. instead of rot
cheer.

-georg
Old December 11th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

i thot 'rot cheer' was a bad??? batch of moonshine.
oh well.
j.
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Georg" wrote...
KJ wrote:
Everyone with a correction should add it to the joke until we get it just
right...er, I mean, raht. Instead of "ryecheer", I've heard it as
"rot-cheer"....bad Yankee ears I guess.
KJ

Except that T isn't pronounced with the Right... it's built into the start
of the "here" which makes it "tchere" - Rai tchere. instead of rot cheer.

-georg

2 MONTHS til Polly's joke Butterfly Quilting 15 October 28th 05 09:29 PM
OT Polly's favorite Christmas joke Polly Esther Quilting 40 December 23rd 04 12:21 PM
OT Joke Leslie in Missouri Quilting 2 April 10th 04 04:08 AM
OT (for the newbies, especially) Polly's Christmas joke Polly Esther Quilting 27 December 14th 03 10:45 PM