Too funny!

Old July 31st 06, 07:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mystified One

Default Too funny!

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATThallowig.html

I just can't see wearing one, but what a hoot!

Old July 31st 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

That is funny!

Hesira

Old July 31st 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

No!!!! That is almost the right shape for a back country hat!

You just never tried putting a *cold* nylon parka hood on a bald head! The
long back protects the neck and keeps warm air from escaping out of your
parka.

The hot color helps keep you warm, or at least helps you find it in the
cold, gray dawn.

The only thing is that they need strings to tie under the chin so they do
not fall off when you are skiing. And, it needs a little bill across the
brow. I'm still working on how to knit a good bill. The bill needs to be
soft enough to roll up and put in your pocket, but stiff enough to keep the
snow out of your eyes.

Aaron

Old July 31st 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Someday you will be sitting at Christmas dinner and some 20's something cute
guy (a grand nephew?) will be bragging about how he crashed and froze as he
was skiing (or boarding) the direct route down "Vertical Death." And, you
will know how to knit him a hat to keep his poor balding head warm the next
time. Thereby, avoiding hearing a worse story next year, because he has
gotten balder! If you knit it in a bright enough color, Warren Miller may
take notice, and put it in his annual movie of wild snow sports!

Aaron

"YarnWright" wrote in message
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:46:34 GMT, spun a fine yarn

[...]

S K I I N G is a cuss/swear word to THIS particular transplanted
northerner/midwesterner, LOL!
The only WHITE Christmas's I want are white sandy beaches!
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0631-0, 07/31/2006
Tested: 7/31/2006 12:23:29 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old July 31st 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

No snow? No white Christmas?

Although I think I could get with the white sandy beach thing...

My ideal year would consist of one month of winter (with at least one
big snow), 2 months of spring and fall, and the rest summer.

Funny, I don't seem to get that here in Ohio though....

BB

Old July 31st 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Tracey

BB wrote:
No snow? No white Christmas?

*I* don't miss it a bit. I revel in the fact that I can do all
my Christmas shopping riding from store to store in the convertible
with the top down and not have to fight with coats and hats and
boots and tracking snow in and all of that other stuff that snow
and winter brings about.

I even enjoy the dark complected Santas who say 'An' whut you
wan' for Christmas, little bra? Trucks and da kine?'

Tracey
On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me a nene in
a hibiscus tree.....

Old August 1st 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Funny, I thought that Ohio was having a fine warm summer : ) with more to
come! Heck, I thought you might be getting enough summer to last the rest
of the year.

Aaron

. ..

Old August 1st 06, 04:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Tracey" wrote in message
On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me a nene in
a hibiscus tree.....

I could go for that since I live in Manitoba and summer is around 2 months
long. ;( However, I saw some pretty huge cockroaches while vacationing on
Maui a few years ago. I guess it doesn't matter where you live, there is
always something to contend with.

But, I do like the idea of Christmas shopping in my shorts and flip-flops.
(grin)

Shelagh

eScrew [email protected] Yarn 0 December 20th 04 10:54 AM
eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] Needlework 0 December 20th 04 09:23 AM
eScrew zen story [email protected] Quilting 0 December 20th 04 08:59 AM
funny joke about beads [email protected] Beads 0 December 19th 04 01:05 PM