OT Can we have a roll call.

Old February 15th 09, 05:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Default OT Can we have a roll call.

Ahha! We have a Heather in Canada AND a Heather in Oz.

I made a whole pile of jewelry for "grandchildren" while I was
visiting my mother in Calif in Dec. That includes my sisters'
granddaughters, and also a keyring for a grand-nephew. I brought
along stuff I didn't want t use for the good stuff, and then gave my
granddaughter whatever I had left for her to bring to Brownies (or its
current equivalent). Got rid of magnetic clasps too, since they work
very well for kids but have some problems for pacemakers, computers
and other things. It was a fun change. Though I made a little good
stuff too.

Unfortunately my camera also crashed!! Next month things will be
better.

Tina

On Feb 14, 1:49*am, wrote:
On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:53:37 +0000, Shirley Shone

wrote:
This group is getting less and less postings lately. Just checking on
google it say that there are 938 people subscribed.
We must have a lot of lurkers.
Can we have some to de-lurk and can the regulars *sign in.

I am of course Shirley with several aka's One Madame Tassel, Queen of
the Swaps, Founder of Shirley's Spoon Club.

I have many hobbies as some of you will know which includes bead work.
At the moment I am working on the family history. Since both our sons
were born in Malta whilst DH in the Royal Navy. There is no record of
their birth in UK. *So I thought anyone trying to do the FH in the
distant future could come unstuck. So I thought I had better set to work
on it while I can.

Since our back garden is still in the throes of a makeover to make it
easier to maintain, I took the pictures down on my web site.
I have replaced them with pictures of the wild robin *I tamed to feed
from my hand. Alas though it is with us no more. Keep hoping another
will come bobbing along for me to try my luck with.

So come on lots hear from you and build the ratings back up on this
group.

Heather from Victoria, Australia here.

I pop in here from time to time to see what's going on. I've made
hardly any jewellery since I stopped selling it but I did buy quite a
few flameworked beads last year (not Chinese) and do intend to start
making stuff again soon.

I did make a pendand for a friend's Christmas gift using one of the
flamworked beads I bought. She seemed to like it a lot but then it was
a beautiful bead so what was there not to love, particularly since it
was in her favourite colours. Of course I didn't get around to
photographing it. That is a habit I must break.

Good luck with the robins.

--
Heather

Old February 19th 09, 08:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Feb 14, 7:24*pm, wrote:
Hey Sterling,

[...]
Glad to see you.

Yes, me too!
Old March 2nd 09, 05:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Shirley!
Oh Founder of the Spoon Club!

Ahh I have been "missing in action" for a long, long time.
Life, and all those stories are just to long to go into.
But - it is nice to see that there are still a few names here I
recognize - and your "roll call" spurred me to reply.

I'll have to start reading again - but what is with ALL the "non-bead
spam!" Agggh - digging through all of that is sooooo annoying!

Hi to everyone who still remembers me -

yes - I still make lampwork beads - but not as much as I used to....
I switched government jobs in Dec 2007 - leaving the building I had
worked in for over 28 years! what a shock!

However- absolutely LOVE my new job (I work in Foreign Military Sales
division, we "sell" military hardware to other governments...
and UK is one of "my" countries Shirley! Maybe someday I will get
lucky and get to take a business trip over the pond!)

My grandson, Ean, is my biggest joy....

I keep an "on again" off again, short blog on my webpage -though it is
only accessible to those who type it in directly (not from any link on
the page). just add blog.html to my main website name...

Nice to see the familiar names here --
oh - and Jerri - I have resident guinea pigs now... but have not
managed to get any outfits to "dress" them up...
and two cats (Lola is my new baby - Domino was miffed, but now enjoys
the company).

Hi to everyone!

Cheryl
www.dragonbeads.com

Old March 2nd 09, 06:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Hi Cheryl.
I still have your photo up here over my desk. The one were you are
making a bead.

It would be nice if you got over to the UK, but it would no doubt be
London the capital.
I do not travel far from home and I think London would be a no no.
My heart problems escalated in the last 15 months.
Do you remember when I was planning to visit the USA and see as many
beady friends as I could.
DH suggested I saved all my birthday and Christmas money gifts so that I
could. Alas I did save the money but can no longer travel abroad. A
dream dashed to pieces.

So welcome back and pleased to know you are happy in your new job
Hugs
Shirley

In message
,
writes

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old March 13th 09, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

On Feb 4, 7:53*am, Shirley Shone
wrote:

So come on lots hear from you and build the ratings back up on this group..

Amazing... I haven't posted in YEARS, and I look today to see
Shirley's post for a roll call! Anyway, I was a serious poster for a
while, then life got complicated (in a good way), so I thought I'd
check in again. I used to live in DC, then moved to VA for 11 years,
and just moved back to DC again. Thanks to our pal, Sooz, I went from
beads to collage (and "altered books"), and now I'm in flux -- the
move has us still living out of boxes, and many of my art supplies are
still in storage! I recognize a lot of names still here!!! And I was
one of Shirley's spoons recipients! Great to check in! - Susan in
DC (used to be Susan in VA)
p.s. A granny now, twice!

Old March 15th 09, 03:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

On Mar 14, 10:19*pm, Barbara Forbes-Lyons
wrote:
OMG - SUSAN! *It's been ages and ages!

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

Hey, Barbara!!! Yes, it *has* been ages!!! :-) I sure see a lot
of familar
names, though, and that was nice. :-) Great to "see" you again!
p.s.
[I see you quote Dave Barry -- an all-time FAB of mine! In fact, we
watch
the TV show, "24" religiously, and the best part of that show...is
reading
Dave's blog afterwards!!! Hysterical -- as usual!] :-)

Old April 2nd 09, 08:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Carla

Whew! I'm back!

I've had stupid computer issues for the longest time, and once they were
all resolved, I couldn't get back into newsgroups (I use Thunderbird,
*not* google).

So many familiar names, and new names; it's good to see so many folks
are still here.

I'm still putzing around with beadwork, nothing serious right now. I've
got enough polyclay and fused glass pendants to stock a small shop g,
just haven't turned anything into jewelry.

Nine months to retirement for me and it still feels like it's taking
*forever* to get here.

I'm catching up on everyone's posts (and so very sorry to read about Patti).

It's good to be "home"

Cheers,
Carla
Old April 2nd 09, 09:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Hi Carla,
This is a coincidence.
I was just looking at my RCB picture gallery this morning and was
wondering how you were.
Been so many missing names on this group.
Karleen, Kandice, Bart pops up occasionally, as does Valerie who is not
well.
Barbara pops in to see us.

Where are Roxanne, Marcia, All the Vicki's, Margie, Sooz, Marisa,
Kalera, Mona, Tink, Kathy H, Kathy NV, Fiddy and Cheryl also Candice and
Georgia.

It is great to see you back.
Hugs
Shirley

In message , Carla
writes

Old April 2nd 09, 08:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather[_2_]

Hi Shirley...

I meant to answer the last roll call, but as a relative newbie to this
group, just put it off (duh!!). I do hope you are on the mend or at
least "holding your own". I had a bad Winter myself and hope I have
seen the back end of hospitals and antibiotics!!

I have gotten to "know" some of the names that you mention, but I was
just thinking the other day that it is such a shame that no one takes
advantage of the knowledge on this news group.

I am still plugging away and learning all sorts of different styles,
etc. I am afraid seed beading won't be one of them. My eyes are 'too
old', lol. But still working with copper and just got a load of it in.
I also love pearls and must make more up. My problem is with being
retired.....where on earth do I sell it? No office to show it off to,
local bead store shut down, and haven't decided if Etsy is the way to go
yet.

Meanwhile one of the bead companies is making use of my 'eye for proper
English' and I proof their website changes every week. Spell checkers
can't get a lot of it. I rarely use one, for that reason. Now I will
have to double-check this post, after being so bold as to say that.
(grin)

Glad to hear from you anytime. And would love to see all of the lurkers
post an update or two.

All the best from Canada.....Heather

Roll Call Sally Swindells Quilting 46 September 28th 07 08:48 PM
Roll Call Patti S Quilting 0 September 23rd 07 05:01 AM
Roll Call KathyB in West Oz Quilting 2 January 8th 05 03:03 AM
Another Roll Call The Brown Family Quilting 1 January 6th 05 12:33 PM
Roll Call Sherry Starr Quilting 0 January 6th 05 02:50 AM