Thanks out to Carol Doak

Old August 21st 05, 07:17 PM
Terbear

Default Thanks out to Carol Doak

Hi Carol,
just want to thank you so much for your easy patterns. A lot of swappers in
my swap groups were using your patterns, and the results were so beautiful,
so I decided to get a few of your books & and bought the downloadable
patterns. They are so easy to use, I can't wait to make more! Thanks so
much!
Teri
--
Terbear~Curator of the HUG Gallery~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/HUGS

Teri's quilts~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

Old August 22nd 05, 02:47 AM
Mary in Washington

Teri,

Funny you should write this today. I just got home from teaching a
paper piecing class at the LQS and she was a big topic of discussion.
Having been in love with paper piecing for years, she has been a great
inspiration. I had a mean step- grandmother who preached that
perfection was the only answer and I spent many hours redoing knitted
and crochet items she tore out. She was an amazing quilter and I would
have never got into quilting while she was around. Because of all this
I am really fickle about sharp points, matched seams and square blocks.
When I do have a mistake I still wonder what she would think. (silly)
Paper piecing allows me to tackle really intricate blocks and know they
will turn out perfect. A BIG THANKS TO CAROL FROM WASHINGTON.

Mary

http://community.webshots.com/user/moondancewa
CHOCOLATE DOESN'T MAKE THE WORLD GO AROUND. BUT IT CERTAINLY MAKES THE
TRIP WORTHWHILE.

Mary

Old August 22nd 05, 01:22 PM

Dear Teri:
I just responded to your post and then had to sign in to post it and am
not sure if it made it so I will respond again.
You are most welcome and thank you for taking the time to share such
positive feedback. I do love this method and it is a real high for me
to see the successes of my students through the books and classes that
I teach.
I am anxiously awaiting the release of my new book in a couple of
weeks. This book contains very quick and easy units that produce
thousands of 9-patch stars. I can hardly wait to see the quilts that
result from this book! BTW, this book will come with the cd that will
let you print the foundations from your computer.
Thanks again and happy paper piecing.
All the best,
Carol Doak
www.quilt.com/CDoak

Old August 22nd 05, 01:27 PM

Hi Mary: I did chuckle when I read your message regarding the
perfection you can achieve using paper piecing and how your "mean
step-grandmother preached perfection". Just this past week while
teaching in Canada, I had a student who came to the class to learn to
make a paper-pieced star so she could show it to her mother who was
also a perfectionist. She achieved success and was beaming as she left
with her perfect block. The bottom line for me is that my students
enjoy the process and enjoy their results no matter where there
perfection marker is.
Thank you for sharing the paper piecing passion with others.
All the best,
Carol Doak
www.quilt.com/CDoak

Old August 22nd 05, 01:28 PM

Hi Irene:
Yes, that is a good feeling!
All the best,
Carol Doak
www.quilt.com/CDoak

Old August 22nd 05, 02:55 PM
nana2b

Hi Teri, I learned paper piecing with Carol's books when I first started
PP. Easy to start with and stay with. I especially enjoyed making the PP
miniature quilts. It is so nice to have those perfect points without the
frustration. Linda in Tx

Old August 22nd 05, 03:11 PM
frood

Well, my paper-pieced blocks rarely come out perfect. But, even though it is
not my favorite piecing method, there are many designs that just seem to be
best done by paper-piecing. And, regardless of the perfection (or lack
thereof) in my finished blocks, I'm happy with the outcome, and that's good
enough for me! G

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply
ups.com...

Old August 22nd 05, 06:00 PM
Sandy Foster

In article nPkOe.8778$_f.6712@trnddc03,
"nana2b" wrote:

Hi Teri, I learned paper piecing with Carol's books when I first started
PP. Easy to start with and stay with. I especially enjoyed making the PP
miniature quilts. It is so nice to have those perfect points without the
frustration. Linda in Tx

You and me both, Linda! It also helped that I watched her demo in
Houston one year -- and I've also watched a similar one on her DVD.
She's really good!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old August 22nd 05, 06:01 PM
Sandy Foster

In article .com,
" wrote:

Dear Teri:
I just responded to your post and then had to sign in to post it and am
not sure if it made it so I will respond again.
You are most welcome and thank you for taking the time to share such
positive feedback. I do love this method and it is a real high for me
to see the successes of my students through the books and classes that
I teach.
I am anxiously awaiting the release of my new book in a couple of
weeks. This book contains very quick and easy units that produce
thousands of 9-patch stars. I can hardly wait to see the quilts that
result from this book! BTW, this book will come with the cd that will
let you print the foundations from your computer.
Thanks again and happy paper piecing.
All the best,
Carol Doak
www.quilt.com/CDoak

Carol, will this CD be Mac-friendly, as your last one was?

Old August 22nd 05, 07:00 PM

Hi Sandy:
Yes, now that Quilt-Pro has developed the Foundation Factory for Mac, I
can include the cd with the book that will work on both PC and the Mac.
That makes me a happy camper!
All the best,
Carol Doak
www.quilt.com/CDoak