OT grumbles

Old August 20th 05, 01:24 PM
Calico

Default OT grumbles

The young folks next door had a party last night on their front porch. It
finally ended around 4:30 or 5:00. Oh the 'joys' of hearing the same Spanish
rap cd played over and over and over and over and over...

Old August 20th 05, 01:27 PM
Tina

That is INSANE! Around here, we have noise ordinances. If the teens
in my neighborhood, or my mom's - let their party run past midnight
with the music blaring - you call the local police, they come and
kindly knock on their door and tell them to turn it down. If they have
to come back (because the kids didn't turn it down or turned it back up
after the police leave) then they receive a fine. And it is anonymous,
they don't tell the residence who called in the complaint.

Hugs and hoping for nap time for you today,
Tina

Old August 20th 05, 02:51 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Our noise ordinance extends to vehicles with the big boom boom speakers as
well. Ask my DS how he knows about that? $230 fine for driving down the
road running his stereo!! He competes at the national level and has several
first and second place trophies for the highest number of decibels he can
put out from his car speakers. We agree to disagree on this one.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
oups.com...

Old August 20th 05, 03:13 PM
the black rose

Calico wrote:

The young folks next door had a party last night on their front porch. It
finally ended around 4:30 or 5:00. Oh the 'joys' of hearing the same Spanish
rap cd played over and over and over and over and over...

Heh. Years ago we had a similar experience. They played the Eagles
greatest hits over... and over... and over... for half the night,
singing along to the chorus. I couldn't listen to "Hotel California"
for years. Then they all piled out onto the porch and sang TV theme
songs in a drunken stupor. Brady Bunch... Gilligan's Island... oh the
pain, the pain...

It's funny now, but I was pretty peeved at the time. *snorfle*

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old August 20th 05, 07:28 PM
Kate Dicey

the black rose wrote:

Calico wrote:

The young folks next door had a party last night on their front porch.
It finally ended around 4:30 or 5:00. Oh the 'joys' of hearing the
same Spanish rap cd played over and over and over and over and over...

Heh. Years ago we had a similar experience. They played the Eagles
greatest hits over... and over... and over... for half the night,
singing along to the chorus. I couldn't listen to "Hotel California"
for years. Then they all piled out onto the porch and sang TV theme
songs in a drunken stupor. Brady Bunch... Gilligan's Island... oh the
pain, the pain...

It's funny now, but I was pretty peeved at the time. *snorfle*

Similar thing happened when I was a student in Durham many moons ago...

A lad I knew was left some money, so he bought one of those little two
up/two down miner's cottage type terraced houses in a back street. he
needed to do quite a bit of work on it, such as add a bathroom, central
heating, a proper kitchen, loft insulation... And by the time he was
finished, the small back yard was a bit of a mess. So he did some
preparations...

One Friday night some folk up the way had a NOISY PARTY that went on
until about 3 am. At eight o'clock the following moring, my friend
started digging up the concrete in his back yard with a Kango hammer!
Took him all day. There were no more noisy parties up the way! I
thought it a suitable revenge.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Old August 21st 05, 03:39 PM
Kate Dicey

SNIGDIBBLY wrote:

ouch! rough on a hangover I bet.

Yes - and it didn't help that whenever he stopped for a cuppa, there I
was commenting loud and clear (in my Officer's daughter tones) that I'd
NEVER had a hangover, no matter how richly I deserved one!

Mean? Moi? Hehehehehe...

Old August 21st 05, 04:46 PM
NightMist

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 16:44:22 GMT, IMS wrote:

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 12:24:26 GMT, "Calico"
wrote:

The young folks next door had a party last night on their front porch. =

It=20
finally ended around 4:30 or 5:00. Oh the 'joys' of hearing the same =

Spanish=20
rap cd played over and over and over and over and over...

....makes me happy I live in the country, the closest neighbors are a
farm on the other side of the road if I don't count the rabbits, deer,
fox and woodchucks...

I keep saying we need to live someplace a bit more out of the way.

Yesterday my next door neighbors came tumbling out of their house
brawling very loudly. Ended up with him trying to pound her through
the sidewalk. Police came by and told them to take it back inside. A
little later she apparently tried smashing the house apart. About
midnight their air conditioner flew through a window and very loud
music started playing. So I called the police. By about half past
there were three police cars, a sheriffs car, a fire truck and an
ambulance out front. Apparently they had a visitor and the fella got
stabbed. Not badly as he kept trying to get up and go after the other
fella.

So I am sitting here waiting for the police to come by for a
statement, and for my landlord to get home from church so I can call
and let him know. My landlord is going to want to be raking up the
broken glass that flew into our yard and suchlike. The guy who owns
the house next door always makes a complaint about one or both of the
neighboring houses when he has trouble with his, so landlord is going
to want to spiff the place up before the inspector arrives.

NightMist
long night here
--
"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge
it, requires brains." -Mary Pettibone Poole
Old August 21st 05, 05:32 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Where do you live? Why wasn't these people arrested for domestic violence?
In our state there doesn't have to be anything but a witness. If she didn't
cooperate then both were arrested for their own safety. "Take it inside.."
Indeed. Neanderthal Police! If they have children and those children are a
witness to all this - that's abuse! It's a good thing I don't do
investigations anymore.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"