Sometimes I'm just amazed

Old May 22nd 04, 12:24 AM
Slinky

Default Sometimes I'm just amazed

The gal I took to the YS today chose some "Easter grass" yarn (for
lack of a better idea) as her take-home. The stuff is some sort of
nylon with bits hanging out that resemble nothing as much as shreds of
Easter grass. She's going to make a funky hat for herself out of the
stuff, having learned today to knit in the round and K2tog.

Next stop, socks and the finer point of turning a heel.

I'm working on the CSM this evening. I dyed 5x90gm hanks of 3/14s
wool earlier today and thanks to northerly breezes and sun the stuff
is bone dry already. I'm cranking my American Pie socks right now
(red white and blue, doncha know) then will move on to Dusky Grapes.
I've got three Easter egg-colorways too (leftover dye pills) but 5
pairs in one day is beyond my endurance right now! My speed is
improving - on hte 72-slot cylinder I can crank a pair of socks in
about 90 minutes including breaks to get up and stretch.
Old May 22nd 04, 02:32 AM
Beinchat

Let us know how that new yarn knits up and how it looks.....I treated
myself to a trip to the local LYS and bought a couple of balls of Filati
Cervinia-one in varigated sea blues and one in varigated pastels for making
socks. I'm slower than you though, takes me quite a while to knit mine LOL.
Marie and the cats