New twist on Puzzle quilt

Old March 11th 04, 07:18 PM
Dr. Quilter

do you need a pattern? i am sure i can figure it out without one just
from the picture

Mary in Oregon wrote:

http://www.virginiaquilter.com/cgi-l...html?E+scstore
This is the one I use.

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old March 11th 04, 09:44 PM
Mary in Oregon

I wouldn't try it without a pattern. There are 5 different squares and
rectangles in each puzzle piece.

--
Mary

Old March 12th 04, 02:25 AM
Mardi

Dr. Quilter:

Trust me, this is one quilt you want to do from a pattern. The pieces
are pretty easy, but knowing where to put what fabric is what is the
hard part. The pattern I purchased (the pattern you can get from the
below link), has two charts. One where you paste the fabric you are
going to use for that part of the puzzle and the other to show you how
to piece each section. Without the "map's", I think I would give up
on the quilt after the first couple of blocks. It's also not a quilt
you want to piece when you have had a couple of glasses of wine. Ask
me why I know that!

Mardi

Old March 12th 04, 06:47 PM
Dr. Quilter

but can't you make a pattern in graph paper, colour it and follow it?
sounds like my 3rd weekend in october, apparently simple (triangles and
squares plus some stems (square with a strip going thorugh the diagonal)
but a pain to keep straigth....

Old March 12th 04, 11:46 PM
Coleen

Ok, that does it. Now I am gonna have to do a puzzle quilt. When my
daughters and I used to work puzzles, one of them would always take a piece
and hide it so that they could put the last piece in -- many times we would
get near the end and find two pieces missing -- they had each hidden one.
Thanks for the fond memories.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message
I saw a cute puzzle quilt yesterday. The gal had followed the pattern
but made one of the center pieces black so it looked like a piece was
missing. I thought it would look even cuter if you took a part of a
colored block and appliqued it onto the border to look like it was the
missing piece waiting to be placed. I really want to make this quilt,
have the pattern in my someday file, but there are several quilts and
other projects ahead of it. Someday this summer I will just declare it
puzzle day and whip the thing together. If anyone tries the missing
piece idea let me know how it works.

Susan