Woo..hoo..she's here, I named her Lucy

Old January 8th 04, 02:23 AM
M. Wetmore

Default Woo..hoo..she's here, I named her Lucy

My second attempt at owning a Singer 15-91 in a cabinet arrived today
in two boxes. The packaging was amazing. What a difference from the
first I bought and received destroyed. He packed the machine in one
box and the cabinet in another. There's so much packing material it's
going to fill our recycle container.

And, she arrived in perfect condition. Nary a scratch. And she's a
real beauty. All black and shiny with the gold totally intact. I
haven't fired her up yet, the DH just got through assembling her back
into the cabinet. The cabinet is a real beauty too. If I re-finish
the top, it will be perfect.

I named her Lucy because the cabinet is so retro looking and she
popped out of the box and said "Hi, I'm Lucy".

So, this weekend I'll fire her up and give her a test drive. The
cabinet has the foot petal installed with the knee lever. That's
going to be interesting, since I've never had a knee lever before.

Also, my wayward 201 arrived in Virginia yesterday and is on it's way
back to me today. Should have that one by mid next week.

In the meantime my E-Bay obsession has caused me to buy a Nintendo 64.
I don't know why, I just wanted one. It's going to be fun seeing what
Zelda looks like on a 53" TV screen.

Mardi
Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. mardi at mardiweb dot com.
____________________

My Quilting page: http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/MardiQuilts.html
Paint Shop Pro tutorials: http://www.mardiweb.com/web
Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum: http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat
Old January 8th 04, 07:53 AM
Dragonfly

Glad this one worked out for you, Mardi!

I learned how to sew using one of those knee levers, and it's not too hard.
If you can't get the hang of it, though, you can always just take the foot
pedal out of the clip that holds it to the knee lever contraption, and use
the pedal on the floor.

Then send me the knee lever. One of my "new" old machines is missing the
lever part of the knee lever contraption, and at some point in the past, a
cordectomy has left the cord to the foot pedal too short to be able to use
the foot pedal on the floor. ;-)

Dragonfly

Old January 8th 04, 02:27 PM
Kate Dicey

"M. Wetmore" wrote:

[...]

Sounds like all our good luck wishes are paying off for you! Can we see
pix of this lovely machine? And the 201 when it arrives!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

AD- New beads and a set named just for Shirley Su/Cutworks Beads 5 January 1st 05 07:18 PM
She's Home!!! (Very Long Version) Sjpolyclay Beads 14 August 12th 03 02:47 PM
She's Home!!! mkahogan Beads 4 August 7th 03 05:47 PM
She's HERE! Kate Dicey Quilting 11 August 2nd 03 01:19 PM