Anyone Else Doing "A Mother's Heart"?

Old October 4th 03, 06:55 PM
Threaded

Default Anyone Else Doing "A Mother's Heart"?

Greetings All -

I'm almost in the home stretch with the above piece, from the June
*Just Cross Stitch* mag. I changed the fabric to dogwood pink,
the red to variegated pinks, and the leaves and stems to *Glissen
Gloss* teal colorwash. When all the stitching is done, I'll add
white frosted beads to the edges of the lace, and instead of
pink French knots (which disappear in the pink of the fabric),
I'll use a pink gold seed bead for the centers. I have almost
finished the flowers on the left side, so once the other 3 sides
are done with the flowers, beading starts!

I'm so excited - it's for my mom, for Christmas. When I first
got the mag, I thought I could do it for Mother's Day (it came
out early enough), but with all the stitching to look like a garden
lattice, well - it strung it out much further. At least I'll get it done
this month, then a Baltimore Album Quilt sampler from another
magazine in November, as a Christmas gift for my SIL.

Anyway, just curious as to if anyone else is doing the *...Mother's
Heart*.

TTFN,

Eva in Overcast, but Warmish Kent, WA, US

Old October 5th 03, 11:02 AM
Poetta

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 17:55:41 GMT, "Threaded"
wrote:

[...]

Smile .... I like the color changes. I know your Mom will love it.

Jennifer / Poetta

www.LadybugLane.com

Auction: C. Jean Horst "Heart of Roses" Quilt - SIGNED! Brian Bernardini Marketplace 0 September 1st 04 07:08 PM
Happy Mother's Day Linda2 Beads 5 May 7th 04 10:52 PM
Close To My Heart Hostess Club SuzaStampin Rubberstamps 0 March 17th 04 04:43 AM
AD-Close To My Heart, Heart of Winter Incentive SuzaStampin Rubberstamps 0 December 11th 03 03:17 PM
Hearts -- What they should be Becki Beads 14 September 3rd 03 07:53 AM