knitted quilts

Old January 7th 09, 09:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply[_2_]

Default knitted quilts

arlene wrote:

Do you mean afghans? If so there are lots of patterns out there.
Just Google and you will find dozens.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

Actually, quilts.

My guild wants to use one as an opportunity prize

Quilts are not knitted. Quilts are sewn. A knitted
blanket/throw/whatever is called an afghan. Check Wikipedia for "quilt"
and "afghan blanket" and you will see the difference.
Old January 7th 09, 09:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply[_2_]

arlene wrote:

Arlene
Do you mean knitted blankets or do you mean that they should be
doubled and have a filling of sorts ?
mirjam

A covering to have a decorative purpose. Like a patchwork quilt out of
fabric.

That would be like a knitted throw or afghan, not a quilt. A quilt has
a backing, a padding, and a front that is cut pieces of fabric made into
a particular design.
Old January 8th 09, 04:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Arlene!
one nice /cheaper method would be using old sweaters , throw them in
the washing machine = felting them , than cut up squares , take an old
sheet and sew those felted piece over the sheet ,,, mirjam
Old January 9th 09, 03:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

wrote in message
Arlene!
one nice /cheaper method would be using old sweaters , throw them in
the washing machine = felting them , than cut up squares , take an old
sheet and sew those felted piece over the sheet ,,, mirjam

What a FanTasTic Idea! I love it.

Honestly, Mijam, you should write a book. You have so many wonderful ideas.

I love this! This is going on my "to do" list.

Hugs,
Murielle

Old January 9th 09, 03:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

wrote in message
Arlene!
one nice /cheaper method would be using old sweaters , throw them in
the washing machine = felting them , than cut up squares , take an old
sheet and sew those felted piece over the sheet ,,, mirjam

I just created a brand new file in my Craft file: Great Ideas! Guess which
is the first one in there. ;-))

Murielle

Old January 9th 09, 05:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

What a FanTasTic Idea! *I love it.

Honestly, Mijam, you should write a book. *You have so many wonderful ideas.

I love this! *This is going on my "to do" list.

Hugs,
Murielle

Thank you Murielle for the compliment !!! I think most my ideas come
from having most of my life to get along with what i have,
When we lived in UK , i bought the children some [ shame !!] ready
made knits, i kept those and when came home , i cut those up , + some
nice [bought] socks , [ Cut upper part , slice it open and you have a
neat Square ,,, and those became an afgahan my son still has, of
course you have to zigzag the edges !!!
mirjam
Old January 9th 09, 05:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

I just created a brand new file in my Craft file: *Great Ideas! *Guess which
is the first one in there. *;-))

Murielle

Murielle i am blushing
mirjam

Old January 9th 09, 08:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

wrote in message
I just created a brand new file in my Craft file: Great Ideas! Guess which
is the first one in there. ;-))

Murielle

Murielle i am blushing
mirjam

Good blushing, I hope. ;-))
Murielle

Old January 9th 09, 01:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Jan 9, 10:26*am, "Murielle" wrote:
wrote in message

I just created a brand new file in my Craft file: Great Ideas! Guess which
is the first one in there. ;-))

Good blushing, I hope. *;-))
Murielle

Yes Giifling as well Thank you

Do you want more idea ? did i send you my 3rd appearance photo ???
hahahah
mirjam

Knitted tie Anna MCM Yarn 22 September 11th 04 04:38 AM
Notes with Quilts was Theme quilts for babies was My new stash Joan8904 Quilting 1 January 30th 04 01:48 AM
Operation Homefront Quilts - Quilts Needed Diane Keagy Quilting 2 January 23rd 04 05:44 AM
I have knitted Sorola Pinja Yarn 1 October 19th 03 03:50 PM
I knitted!!!! Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 2 August 10th 03 05:29 PM