Where was Lambtown?

Old July 31st 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Where was Lambtown?

It was hot last week. It was so hot that many of the sheep owners withdrew
from Lambtown, and most of the live sheep events were cancled. For example,
the Sheep to Shawl used wool out of plastic bags : (

More spinners than knitters. More weavers than knitters. More felters than
knitters. More folks just out for a day of live cowboy music than knitters.
Anyway there was lots of live cowboy music. And beer! Where else can you
get a day of live music and fun for only $2? With free parking? So much
for the animosity between shepards and cowboys. dison made us welcome.
There was more live music inside, that was more Irish/ Scottish with harps
and violins. I did not see any single malt whisk(e)y for sale.

I guess I have to learn to spin. Lots of classes. Classes on everything.
There was even a photo presentation on a entire live sheep that got Kool Aid
dyed !

Not many live sheep were there, but the ones that were there, were really
cute. My wife almost bought one. A sweet little shetland lamb in a fine
chocolate brown all over. Ya, I think could keep up with a nice little 40 #
lamb. Then, I looked at his dame's fleece, and wondered if I could really
spin and knit that much in a year, and how long it would be before I got
tired of brown homespun, that is just a bit scratchy : )

Actually the day turned out to be real pleasant. Best food that we have
ever had on any fair grounds anywhere. Sort of a lamb "taco" in a bag.
Made with Doritos?!, ground lamb, shredded lettuce, and sour cream, and
served in the little Doritos bag. It was just surprisingly good - and
inexpensive for fairgrounds food. And, really good lemonade - I have 3
different kinds of lemon trees here, so I know lemonade, and that was good
lemonade.

Maybe there will be more live sheep next year. I expect to go back. It is
good facility for a fiber show- even if it is NOT air conditioned. Even
though the day was very cool for the season, the heat was a problem for my
wife. Next year I will probably enter stuff in the knitting competitions
and go by myself.

Aaron