OT Completely OT Rug Making Yarn

Old August 21st 05, 04:06 PM
Cheryl

Default OT Completely OT Rug Making Yarn

Has anyone in the NG happened across heavy yarn suitable for rug-making in
balls,skeins or hanks? The only yarn I can find is pre-cut into short
lengths for use with latch-hooks. I have a rug-making machine - a little
like a knitting machine - and I need a continuous yarn to feed through it.

If you happen to see something you think might be suitable I would be
grateful if you could pass on the details, baring in mind I would need mail
order access.

--
Cheryl ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^

catsatararat (YAHOO msgr)

A large number of electrons were
terribly inconvenienced to send this -
at least read it.

Old August 21st 05, 04:08 PM
Cheryl

Of course I meant "bearing in mind" - scary to think of all those nekkid lil
brains running around.

Forgive the typos - it's late!!

--
Cheryl

Old August 21st 05, 06:43 PM
Lisa Caryl

Cheryl,
There is a brand called "Aunt Lydia's Craft and Rug Yarn" made by the Caron
company. I believe it is sold in skeins. Here's the link to Caron's site:
http://www.caron.com/yarns/aunt_lydia.html Maybe you will be able to find a
website that sells it by searching Caron's site.

--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl

remove the obvious to reply

Old August 21st 05, 08:45 PM
Elizabeth Young

Cheryl wrote:
Has anyone in the NG happened across heavy yarn suitable for rug-making in
balls,skeins or hanks? The only yarn I can find is pre-cut into short
lengths for use with latch-hooks. I have a rug-making machine - a little
like a knitting machine - and I need a continuous yarn to feed through it.

If you happen to see something you think might be suitable I would be
grateful if you could pass on the details, baring in mind I would need mail
order access.

try http://www.halcyonyarn.com/
I get my weaving stuff from them, they ought to have something you can
use. Very helpful both via email and phone

liz young in sunny california
Old August 23rd 05, 06:07 PM
smudge in oz

Cheryl
Have you had a look at the Nundle Mills site? All pure wool. They have
a 20 ply yarn in 200g hanks - not sure if it's meant for rugs, but they
may be worth contacting.
http://www.nundle.info/nundle/woollenmill/index.asp

A few years ago we were travelling near there and almost detoured to
see the mill. But I got outvoted...

Cheers,
Smudge

Old August 23rd 05, 06:38 PM
smudge in oz

And another link - mostly weaving yarns but they have some noted as rug
yarn. This one is in New Mexico. http://www.handweavers.com/churro.htm

Yet another. This time near Tamworth in NSW -
http://www.rainbowwools.com/wool/ . This site specifies one range to be
rug yarn available in natural or dyed to order

FWIW...

Old August 24th 05, 01:46 AM
Cheryl

Thanks Smudge - I'll look into all the sites you gave

--
Cheryl ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^

"smudge in oz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Cheryl
Have you had a look at the Nundle Mills site? All pure wool. They have
a 20 ply yarn in 200g hanks - not sure if it's meant for rugs, but they
may be worth contacting.
http://www.nundle.info/nundle/woollenmill/index.asp

A few years ago we were travelling near there and almost detoured to
see the mill. But I got outvoted...

Cheers,
Smudge

Hello, fellow crocheters and yarn lovers! Tamex Yarn 12 October 1st 04 04:15 PM
Naughty Knotty Yarn PennyLeeD2 Yarn 2 September 25th 04 03:41 PM
Yarn, but not knitting yarn Elizabeth Naime Yarn 0 August 29th 04 08:00 AM
Jaime Baby Yarn??? Beinchat Yarn 6 August 27th 04 05:59 PM
New Yarn - Bernat Lu Lu Make Up Yarn 6 July 29th 03 09:16 AM