Marissa's Visit

Old August 22nd 05, 08:11 PM
shhdesigns

Default Marissa's Visit

Hi Everyone

Some of you may remember that Marissa [Dr. Quilter] was coming up to
Vancouver. Well she arrived shortly after noon yesterday and Deni in
Burnaby and I took her out for lunch and a mini shop hop.

Our first quilt shop wasn't open [they decided not be open on Sundays during
the summer...bummer] We went around the corner and had a yummy lunch at the
Bake House. I then phoned a couple of shops, thank goodness for their punch
cards that I keep in my purse. Found out that a second location close to
the first also was closed but the third one was open. We trucked down the
hill and checked out the Thread Bear in North Vancouver.

We then drove over the Lion's Gate Bridge, through Stanley Park and over the
Burrard Street Bridge and up to the Cloth Shop [their N.Vancouver locale was
closed]. Marissa got some suggestions for setting her antique Dresden plate
blocks and found a stencil to use when she finally quilts them.

Our last stop for the day was Quilter's Haven in Burnaby, here we managed to
find a couple of treats to surprise Deni with. Today is her birthday. Next
I dropped them at Deni's so I could go to my annual Condo BBQ and then I met
them at a local Greek restaurant for dessert. Back to Deni's where I did a
show and tell on my collection of old quilts.

Keep your fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly for Marissa and that
she returns home tonight.

It was great seeing her, but too bad that Fer and Sophia didn't come up with
her..maybe next time.

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.
Queen of the Travelogues

Old August 23rd 05, 04:24 AM
Polly Esther

Thank you, Sandi, most of us won't get to do many "meet-ups" but we are so
pleased to hear about yours. I would, of course, pout and sulk if I didn't
get to meet our little Sofi. Did you get to hear some wonderful brag
stories about her? Polly

Old August 23rd 05, 04:31 AM
Bronnie

Sounds fun Sandi. Can't wait for my meet up with Pat on the Hill in
England in early Oct. (We met in Paducah in '04). She has been an
absolute treasure with advice and tips on our planned itinerary thru
Scotland, England and Nth Wales. Hoping we can say Hi to a couple of
other rctq'ers - Megwen in Bath, and I wonder if Jo in Scotland wants
to holler?

Cheers
Bronnie

Old August 23rd 05, 05:38 AM
shhdesigns

Yes, we heard how she is bi-lingual and speaks both languages in her 4 word
sentences. No pictures this time, and Marissa should be home by now.
Everything went well for her today! Yahoo!

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.
Queen of the Travelogues
www.shh.apparitiondesigns.com
k.net...

Old August 23rd 05, 05:39 AM
shhdesigns

It was fun, I've had a few meet ups with folks around the U.S. It's always
a fun adventure, even if it was just the three of us.

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.
Queen of the Travelogues
www.shh.apparitiondesigns.com
ups.com...

Dresden - Germany visit Hanne Quilting 1 June 18th 04 02:39 PM
Visit our pet bulletin board service @ Animalsrus1 General Crafting 0 April 28th 04 06:07 AM
Best Time for Kentucky Visit clancy Quilting 9 March 25th 04 06:26 PM
Keepsake Quilting Visit :-) Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 11 January 13th 04 11:21 PM
Paris LNS Needlework 3 September 5th 03 07:24 PM