Recycling tips?

Old August 14th 03, 03:46 PM
Mousehunter ``'@o- ,,.

Default Recycling tips?

"Christi Conley" wrote in message
Hi everyone!
I was wondering if you all would share your
recycling tips - what do you recycle to make your
jewelry? Or, use to keep your supplies? Or, anything
else that you use recycling for : )

Thanks!

--
Christi
Stampin' Up! Representative

I keep almost every scrap of clean metal like copper, brass, silver, gold,
aluminium, steel, titanium, etc... I also keep plastics like acrylic,
bakelite, simulated ivories, etc.....I look for old damaged jewellery and
repair it too(eventually!) I like recycled jewellery like when people use
old toys and tincans and turn them into unusual one-offs. Jewellery making
is one of the rare hobbies/professions that recycling is almost instinctive,
like the gold or silver you wear has been recycled for millenia in most
cases. Recycling is only limited by your imagination!!!

Old August 15th 03, 02:31 AM
Kaytee

In article , "Christi Conley"
writes:

what do you recycle to make your
jewelry? Or, use to keep your supplies? Or, anything
else that you use recycling for : )

Well, I do beadwork, so my recycling probably isn't what you mean....
I've given scaps of fine silver wire to people learning lampworking, and I've
used small pieces of SS and GF imbedded in poly-clay. Usually store such bits
and pieces in film cans until I get around to doing something with them.
Beads unsuitable for stringing-- I've glued them to various objects, like
flower pots. Also used them as "mulch" and as fish-tank gravel. Beads that are
merely "ugly" or "cheap" looking get offered first to my kids (they LIKE Indian
lampwork...), and if they don't want the stuff, it goes to a "kids' crafts" box
for whichever group expresses an interest.
I also recycle the packaging I get the beads in.....
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/simplexities

[Ganoksin] [Issue #103] Tips From The Jeweler's Bench Ganoksin Beads 0 July 14th 04 01:41 AM
Product Review: Heavy Duty Clamshell Bead Tips Dr. Sooz Beads 3 April 20th 04 02:34 AM
Subject: [Ganoksin] [October 2003] Tips From The Jeweler's Bench Ganoksin Beads 0 September 30th 03 09:26 AM
Recycling tips : ) Shirley Shone Beads 6 August 22nd 03 09:01 PM
[July 2003] Tips From The Jeweler's Bench Ganoksin Jewelry 0 July 25th 03 07:09 AM