Comments on Dimensions Gold Pattern.

Old December 7th 09, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

Default Comments on Dimensions Gold Pattern.

I am doing a Dimensions Gold Pattern, Millenium Angel. The pattern is
printed on one large piece of paper, with all the syhmbols and
backstitching together. In some places it is difficult to read the
symbols under the backstitching; in one place, quite impossible. There
are a limited number of symbols, whith the same symbol printed in 4
colors; black, red, green and blue. The particular part I a having
difficulty with is a + symbol, one in green and one in blue. They are in
exactly the same part of the pattern. I literally have to get out a
strong magnifying glass, and a really good light to try and distinguish
between which symbol is which. The mind boggles!!
Old December 7th 09, 09:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"F.James Cripwell" wrote
I am doing a Dimensions Gold Pattern, Millenium Angel. The pattern is
printed on one large piece of paper, with all the syhmbols and
backstitching together. In some places it is difficult to read the
symbols under the backstitching; in one place, quite impossible. There
are a limited number of symbols, whith the same symbol printed in 4
colors; black, red, green and blue. The particular part I a having
difficulty with is a + symbol, one in green and one in blue. They are in
exactly the same part of the pattern. I literally have to get out a
strong magnifying glass, and a really good light to try and distinguish
between which symbol is which. The mind boggles!!

Sympathies, Jim. I find that use of the same symbol in different colours
hard to follow too, especially when criss-crossed with several different
colours of backstiching lines. It is so much easier to have a separate
backstitching chart to work with.

Dawne

Old December 8th 09, 04:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

I've been told that the main Canadian distributor has dropped Dimension
kits.
Could be that there were too many complaints like you have.
Soooomtimes it helps to shine a bright light on the back of the chart and
read the chart from the front or try to read the symbol on the back with a
light on the front side. Often one dye color will penetrate the paper deeper
than the others.
As a last resort you could try scraping a bit of paper off the back and see
what color or symbol shows up in the fibres. You could also try scraping a
bit of the back stitch color off the symbol on the front of the chart.
I'm assuming that you can't tell what there should be by magnifiying the
colored picture of the finished kit either.

Lots of luck!

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com
If nothing changes, nothing changes.
Don't back stitch to email, just stitchit.

Old December 9th 09, 12:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Dec 7, 1:46*pm, (F.James Cripwell) wrote:
There are a limited number of symbols, whith the same symbol printed in 4
colors; *black, red, green and blue. *

I find this practice particularly irritating, too!

The particular part I a having difficulty with is a + symbol, one in green and one in blue.
*I literally have to get out a
strong magnifying glass, and a really good light to try and distinguish
between which symbol is which. *The mind boggles!!

Are you then highlighting one or the other? That might help....

Joan

Old December 9th 09, 10:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Kay Lancaster

On 7 Dec 2009 19:46:41 GMT, F.James Cripwell wrote:
colors; black, red, green and blue. The particular part I a having
difficulty with is a + symbol, one in green and one in blue. They are in

Maddening! If you've got a scanner, try scanning the pattern and then pick it
up with a photo manipulation program like GIMP or photoshop (at least I
presume Photoshop can do this). Select one of the symbols that you know
to be blue or green, and then tell the computer to select everything by that
color -- then switch the color to another you can easily tell apart, like
fuchsia. g

Kay

Old December 9th 09, 12:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Maureen Miller

Kay Lancaster wrote:
On 7 Dec 2009 19:46:41 GMT, F.James Cripwell wrote:

colors; black, red, green and blue. The particular part I a having
difficulty with is a + symbol, one in green and one in blue. They are in

Maddening! If you've got a scanner, try scanning the pattern and then pick it
up with a photo manipulation program like GIMP or photoshop (at least I
presume Photoshop can do this). Select one of the symbols that you know
to be blue or green, and then tell the computer to select everything by that
color -- then switch the color to another you can easily tell apart, like
fuchsia. g

Kay

Wow, I recently purchased Dimensions Gold "Jewels Of The Orient" from my
local Michael's. Now I'm having second thoughts about stitching it or
my future purchase "The Samurai", also from the Gold Collection to make
it a matched set. I've never stitched a Dimensions kit but their charts
don't sound like a lot of fun. . Too bad because I love the cover
pics on most of their charts.

Maureen
Old December 9th 09, 01:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Parrotfish

"Maureen Miller" wrote ...
Kay Lancaster wrote:
F.James Cripwell wrote:

[...]

I'm still battling 'Mighty Samurai', and had a few problems with the
symbols.
What I find worse is the backstitch colours...... thick and thin green lines
(for
example) 2 different colours, but hard to distinguish between *thick and
thin*.

--
Regards........P-f