Mittens, take fingers out when needed.

Old September 27th 07, 02:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Default Mittens, take fingers out when needed.

Dear Friends,

A friend asked me for a pair of mittens that that you can tank the
fingers when need. Maybe a slit under the palm near the fingers. I did
not want to ask to many questions to give away my true intentions.

Could any one please point me in the right directions.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old September 27th 07, 06:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
Dear Friends,

A friend asked me for a pair of mittens that that you can tank the fingers
when need. Maybe a slit under the palm near the fingers. I did not want
to ask to many questions to give away my true intentions.

Could any one please point me in the right directions.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Hi Dennis! I just did a google search and found a couple of pages for you.
They will come in handy (no pun intended. hehe) for me too. My brother
mentioned years ago that he would like the gloves with the mitten flap on
them because he shoes horses and does a lot of other farm work which make
him have to remove his gloves/mittens to free his fingers. I can't work
with the double pointed needles, so I couldn't make him any. However, I
spotted a crochet pattern I could try, and there could be at least one
two-needle pattern somewhere there too, I didn't look at them all. Enjoy, I
hope you find what you're looking for! )

OOODLES of fingerless gloves here -
http://www.knittingpatterncentral.co...ens_gloves.php

Fingerless gloves with a mitten flap -
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall02/PATTbroadstreet.html

*hugs*
Gem

Old September 27th 07, 07:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

On Sep 27, 1:18 pm, Spike Driver wrote:
Dear Friends,

A friend asked me for a pair of mittens that that you can tank the
fingers when need. Maybe a slit under the palm near the fingers. I did
not want to ask to many questions to give away my true intentions.

The Antique Pattern Library has a copy of "Knitting and Sewing" by
Maud Churchill Nicoll which contains a variety of glove and mitten
patterns for service men. There is at least one pattern in it that
will give you good guidance for such a project. The download is quite
large (the best part of 12MB) - you can find the file at:
http://www.antiquepatterns.dreamhost...llKnitting.pdf

If your Internet connection can't handle a download of that size let
me know and I'll extract the relevant pages and email them to you.

VP

Old September 27th 07, 07:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Thanks Wooly!

Hugs,
Dennis

Wooly wrote:
Spike Driver wrote:
Dear Friends,

A friend asked me for a pair of mittens that that you can tank the
fingers when need. Maybe a slit under the palm near the fingers. I
did not want to ask to many questions to give away my true intentions.

Could any one please point me in the right directions.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Those are sometimes called hunter's mittens, though IMO a hunter's
mitten has a separate finger. Fences, Fox and Geese has in it a pattern
for those sort of mittens. Some people call them glittens.

Make a pair of gloves, then pick up stitches across the back of the hand
below the knuckles, cast up an equal number, join for knitting in the
round and knit a mitten tip.

Old September 27th 07, 07:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Gem,
Love you all so much!
Dennis & Gail

Old September 27th 07, 07:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

VP,
I have a cable modem with 3mb download.

I love the sight!
Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Vintage Purls wrote:
Dearble Friends,

Old September 27th 07, 08:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Sep 27, 3:18 am, Spike Driver wrote:
Dear Friends,

A friend asked me for a pair of mittens that that you can tank the
fingers when need. Maybe a slit under the palm near the fingers. I did
not want to ask to many questions to give away my true intentions.

Could any one please point me in the right directions.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

I saw somewhere a pattern for fingerlees mittens with a flap that goes
over the fingers when you want them covered ,,, now where did i see
that ,,,, but you can calcilate it yourself ,,,,
mirjam

Old September 27th 07, 11:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Taueret

how about these?

--
NSW, Australia
http://taueret.typepad.com

Old September 27th 07, 12:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Taueret" wrote in message
how about these?
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall02/PATTbroadstreet.html

Those are the type we often wear, I didn't make them though (but now I have
the pattern I shall!)

We bought them from an ex-Army store, they're dull green and machine made. I
think that the hand-made ones will be warmer.

Mary

Old September 27th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Spike Driver wrote:
Dear Friends,

A friend asked me for a pair of mittens that that you can tank the
fingers when need. Maybe a slit under the palm near the fingers. I did
not want to ask to many questions to give away my true intentions.

Could any one please point me in the right directions.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Yep, here's one patttern - http://magknits.com/Feb07/patterns/peekaboo.htm

sue

Instant Mittens WoolyGooly Yarn 12 December 11th 06 05:58 PM
Two Mittens Sussi Yarn 12 October 26th 05 11:44 AM
Viking Mittens! Sussi Yarn 1 October 16th 05 06:51 PM
Mittens and Gloves Droid Yarn 2 September 3rd 05 01:07 PM
Top-down mittens Carol Yarn 8 October 18th 04 10:47 AM