It's been really quiet here

Old September 22nd 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default It's been really quiet here

What's going on? Where is everybody? Halllloooooooooo

Shelagh

Old September 22nd 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB[_2_]

Shillelagh wrote:
What's going on? Where is everybody? Halllloooooooooo

Shelagh

LOL I have been knitting baby hats for the Guild..we had our meeting Monday
and I took all my summer FO's in...the 2 Baby Sweaters, 3 hats and one lone
sockG I saw the coolest thing at a local book store...Barnes and Nobles in
the kids area...mismatched socks http://www.littlemissmatched.com/ so as I
get bored after making the first sock...I am making different colors for the
secondG

Donna

Old September 22nd 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Sep 21, 8:46 pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
What's going on? Where is everybody? Halllloooooooooo

I've been womdering the same thing, Shelagh.
I'm here. g

higs,
Katherine

Old September 22nd 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

On Sep 22, 12:46 pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
What's going on? Where is everybody? Halllloooooooooo

I've been bogged down with work and life in general. I've been also
knitting flat out on my mother's birthday present. It's now finished
and I'll get some photos online soon.

VP

Old September 22nd 07, 04:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Georgia[_2_]

I'm taking two studio art classes--that takes a lot of time.

But I found some self-striping sock yarn that has a pattern for knitting the
socks so the stripes go lengthwise, and I had to try that. Unfortunately,
the instructions are in German, and my German isn't really up to reading
knitting patterns! Fortunately, someone has posted a translation on the
internet; it begins, "cast on 140 sts." Unfortunately, I knitted 3 rows
before I realized the socks are designed to have a garter stitch band
(that's ok) and a wrong-side stockinette leg. Phooey--I don't think that
displays the self-striping patterns to best advantage. So I ripped it out,
revised the directions, and have now completed 2 rows. These socks may not
get finished until close to Christmas at the rate I'm going...

Georgia
www.georgiamorgan.net/html/knitting.htm

Old September 22nd 07, 08:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
What's going on? Where is everybody? Halllloooooooooo

Shelagh

It's been a frantically busy week or so for us, things are settling down - a
bit. Have begun a cobwebby shawl for a daughter in law.

Mary

Old September 22nd 07, 12:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB[_2_]

BB wrote:
DAB wrote:

LOL I have been knitting baby hats for the Guild..we had our meeting
Monday and I took all my summer FO's in...the 2 Baby Sweaters, 3
hats and one lone sockG I saw the coolest thing at a local book
store...Barnes and Nobles in the kids area...mismatched socks
http://www.littlemissmatched.com/ so as I get bored after making the
first sock...I am making different colors for the secondG

Donna

I stopped by the Guild table and asked for you last Sunday at A Wool
Gathering, but you had already left. Maybe next year!

Speaking of wool, I never felt the desire to knit with a wool that
wasn't soft. I avoided anything that felt scratchy to me. At this
wool festival, there were tons of yarns that I usually go for - soft,
bright vivid colors. I walked through the entire place and went back
to the stuff that really caught my eye. This is what I bought.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/betty_b/1395035586/

Natural colors, scratchy - and I love it! I'm ready to knit a sweater
that will keep me warm instead of just be pretty. I haven't decided
exactly what type of sweater yet, other than I want to make it top
down, which will be new to me.

BB

Wow that will make a gorgeous sweater......it is so hard to find the perfect
sweater pattern...I have spent hours on the netG top down is what I am
looking for too.....with pockets and warmth is a must...I bought a sweater
at Goodwill for work when we go thru the no heat no air period which is next
month I think for a few weeks and I failed to think that although it was
wash and dry acrylic it would not keep me warmG and as my arms are real
short I am determined this year to make a sweater for me.

Oh I am sorry I missed you but yes next year for sure....this is the first
year the guild had their own table...all the other years they played
greeters at the entrance. We had our first meeting Monday after the show
and several new members joined that had stopped by the table...they had no
idea we had a Knitting Guild...and a group from Cincinnati came up tooG

I was overwhelmed by all the raw wool for spinners which is good for them
but there was a good selection of sock yarn as well and I added to my addi
and wood needle stashG oh and I bought a beautiful hand made table top
swift. I have the umbrella type but just can't get the tension
right.....the balls/cakes come out too tight and this new one is perfect.

http://www.knittingnotionsonline.com...ut_our_swifts/

Old September 22nd 07, 01:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

"Shillelagh" wrote in news:9zZIi.82750
:

What's going on? Where is everybody? Halllloooooooooo

i've been cleaning & organizing. i spend very little time in
the house during the summer & well, it shows... i found the
floor in my workspace. i had found the dining room table, but
it's gone again under piles of books & toys to be put away.
i have 3 projects on needles: the never-ending socks i've
mentioned before, a faroese Scribble shawl, & a string bag
(great mindless knitting once you get past the base).
i'm looking for a good slipper pattern for a 7 year old boy
(USsize 13 or 1). one in simple garter would be great because
then he could do it himself
lee
Old September 22nd 07, 05:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Sep 21, 11:20 pm, "Georgia" wrote:
I'm taking two studio art classes--that takes a lot of time.

But I found some self-striping sock yarn that has a pattern for knitting the
socks so the stripes go lengthwise, and I had to try that. Unfortunately,
the instructions are in German, and my German isn't really up to reading
knitting patterns! Fortunately, someone has posted a translation on the
internet; it begins, "cast on 140 sts." Unfortunately, I knitted 3 rows
before I realized the socks are designed to have a garter stitch band
(that's ok) and a wrong-side stockinette leg. Phooey--I don't think that
displays the self-striping patterns to best advantage. So I ripped it out,
revised the directions, and have now completed 2 rows. These socks may not
get finished until close to Christmas at the rate I'm going...

But they sound interesting, Georgia. I'd like to see a picture of the
finished product.

Higs,
Katherine

Old September 22nd 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Hello Shillelagh,
I am still recover from the fusion of C3 & C4. I am doing great. I
also am working on a scarf, the Brooke's Column of Leaves. It will be
my second one. A life long friend looking through one of my old
crochet books from 1990 and saw an afghan that she would love to have, I
am making it for her. What a beautiful afghan it will be. I will try
to show a picture.

I really miss hearing from Noreen and Don, I will give them a phone call.

I do miss you all but the insurances and all are keeping me busy. The
bills are coming in from both of our stays in the hospitals. Thank God
for insurance, just wish you did not have to fight them to get the bills
paid.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Quiet Please Polly Esther Quilting 23 February 9th 06 12:57 AM
Its so quiet in here!!! D Curtis Quilting 13 November 14th 05 06:01 PM
This NG is entirely TOO quiet! Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 6 July 12th 05 01:50 PM
OT Will be quiet here Pat in Virginia Quilting 17 July 27th 03 03:41 AM