OT -- Le Tour -- WOW!

Old July 20th 06, 01:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
blackrosequilts

Default OT -- Le Tour -- WOW!

Floyd Landis fans, can you believe this? As I type Landis has broken
ahead of the yellow jersey group and is *flying* across the 5+ minute
gap to the breakaway. He's gained back more than 3 minutes of the 8 he
lost yesterday on La Toussuire. What a move! WOW!

If he loses this gamble, well, no one can ever say he didn't go down
fighting. What courage!

--

blackrosequilts
My train of thought left the station without me.

2005 BOMs: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blackrosequilts/my_photos

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old July 20th 06, 01:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

and that in a heat wave too!!!

amazing!

these guys are *really* earning their money this year! (not that they didn't
before then!)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old July 20th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
blackrosequilts

Jessamy wrote:

and that in a heat wave too!!!

amazing!

these guys are *really* earning their money this year! (not that they didn't
before then!)

It's a FANTASTIC race today. He's ridden himself into I think it's 3rd
place at the moment, up from 11th after yesterday's disaster. And the
yellow jersey group isn't responding!

Can he keep it up? He's hooked up with Sinkewitz, who was riding ahead
alone in the lead. If Sinkewitz helps him -- and he might -- he can be
back in yellow tonight. He's made up more than 7 minutes. Unbelievable!

It's so exciting today! Fabulous stage! I'm on the edge of my seat!

Old July 20th 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
blackrosequilts

Holy cow!

He's got the virtual lead! He's gotten his 8 minutes back and more!
Almost 9 minutes ahead of the yellow jersey and the peloton just isn't
responding!

Wow, Landis is really showing the world what he's made of. Can he keep
it up???

I can hardly sit still!

Old July 20th 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
blackrosequilts

Landis will win the stage unless he crashes on the descent off the Col
de Joux-Plane.

Who will be in yellow tonight?

It's so exciting!

Old July 20th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jenn/Jalynne

Pretty amazing, isn't it?? I"m soooooooo excited and on the edge of my
seat. Go Floyd!!

--
Jenn/Jalynne
quilting, beads, scrapbooking, cross stitch and other 'crafti' obsessions

Old July 20th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
blackrosequilts

Jenn/Jalynne wrote:

Pretty amazing, isn't it?? I"m soooooooo excited and on the edge of my
seat. Go Floyd!!

He won the stage and gained time on Sastre on the descent down the Col
de Joux-Plane. Pereiro took a lot of risks on the descent and managed
to keep the yellow jersey away from Sastre. What a fabulous race!

Landis is in 3rd place in the overall standings now and only 30 seconds
off the race lead. He really showed the world what he was made of
today. Everybody wrote him off yesterday but he refused to take a bad
day lying down and look at him now. He can still win in Paris,
especially since he's a better time-trialist than either of the men
ahead of him in the standings. He very well could win the time trial
and be in yellow in Paris. Edge-of-the-seat stuff for the avid cycling
fan, this is absolutely fabulous.

Old July 20th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
klh in VA

This is edge of the seat time even for non-cycling fans.

My swedish DW hardly ever looks at sports (other than cross country
skiing) but she has been watching the morning live, show the after lunch
rerun and then last night till 11pm. Even the loom loading got put aside
last night.

of course, the real reason is to play arm-chair tourist of the alps
again and point out places she has been; the same reason i look forward
to the finish tomorrow in Macon [the sister city].

She is identifying cyclists by name and know the status and shrieking
some too.

and then in the afternoons, we walk across the street to the bike shop
and do the trek scratching. So far we have both both power energy bars.
I'm holding for the bike ride with Lance!

And whatever Landis does for the rest of the race, he has made his place
in the tour de france history for this ride today.

Recall the manager who told him last week, "oh go ahead and let Pereiro
go ahead; you can easily pass him by tomorrow; he's no problem" That
will certainly go down in encouragement history along with "You're doing
a helluva job, Brownie"

klh in VA

Old July 20th 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
lal

blackrosequilts wrote:
Floyd Landis fans, can you believe this? snip

Gack!! Please include a SPOILER tag in the subject on a post like this.
Here in the USofA, the coverage is in the morning and a lot of people
will record it to watch when we get home from work. I'd prefer to not
know what happens before I watch.

lal
Old July 20th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
blackrosequilts

lal wrote:
blackrosequilts wrote:

Floyd Landis fans, can you believe this? snip

Gack!! Please include a SPOILER tag in the subject on a post like this.
Here in the USofA, the coverage is in the morning and a lot of people
will record it to watch when we get home from work. I'd prefer to not
know what happens before I watch.

lal

Um, I'm in upstate NY myself? Honestly, it didn't even occur to me.

--

blackrosequilts
My train of thought left the station without me.

2005 BOMs: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/blackrosequilts/my_photos

OT -- Tour de France blackrosequilts Quilting 8 July 3rd 06 08:32 PM
beijing tour beijing tour Carving 0 April 20th 06 09:12 AM
Chiapas Women's Fair Trade Tour visits Washington, DC creative Marketplace 0 October 29th 03 04:31 PM
Chiapas Women's Fair Trade Tour visits Washington, DC creative Needlework 0 October 29th 03 04:20 PM
Tour the Pottery Capital of the United States with Out & About Clayseeker Pottery 0 July 20th 03 10:12 PM