New Year's Cast On Projects

Old January 8th 04, 02:45 AM
Katherine

Ria Van de Velde wrote:
Is it too late to join in? I want to make myself a shrug, in black or
in white, not very sure about that yet. Maybe both, but I still have
to find the right yarn. In my stach I don't have exactly what I
want. Well, to tell the truth I don't know exactly how I want it, but
it should be something veeeeerrry soft.

Never too late, Ria! I am sure that Ranee will add you to the list.
Katherine

Old January 9th 04, 11:19 PM
Ranee Mueller

In article , "Kari"
wrote:

I would like to have my Sewing Project counted as a New year cast-On. I
think that is the only way it is going to get done!

Sure thing! If you want me to add it to the list, just let me know
which project you decide on.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts 17:24
Old January 9th 04, 11:20 PM
Ranee Mueller

In article , "Kari"
wrote:

I can't stand doing only 1 thing at a time!

I do the ironing while watching a good movie; The cross-stitch while
relaxing on the sofa (gives my hands something to do); The Sewing or
knitting while listening to the radio or music (helps keep a rhythm
going); Learning Spanish while exercising in the gym (keeps my mind
of the pain of getting fit!); and Computing when my brain needs
stimulating.

One of the curses of being a Woman, I suppose. We have got to
multi-task to stay sane!!

This is how I am, too. When people make comments about how much
patience I must have to knit, I tell them that it is because I am
impatient that I do it, I have to be doing something. I also have three
(soon to be four) children, and always have a million things to do, my
knitting is something that once it's finished, it's finished, I don't
have to redo it the next day.

Regards,
Ranee

Old January 9th 04, 11:26 PM
Ranee Mueller

Here is the updated list

Ranee: Cross Your Heart Gansey in Cranberry Candide

Judy: Celtic Cardigan in Camel Sierra

JJMolvik: Wedding Ring Shawl in lavender

Rachel: A Pair of Socks

Katherine: Rainbow Sheep Sweater

Christine in Kent: Long Rib Jacket with Hood in Cloud Blue Sirdar
Eternity Aran

Noreen: Cobweb Shawl

Nora: Muff

Sonya: Black & Purple Socks

EJ: Einstein Jacket in Sketch

Michele: Sweater or Felted Hat

Slinky: Lace Shawl

Kelly: Cal King Ripple Afghan in Cream and Hunter

Gina: Oat Couture's Bijoux Blouse

Darlene: Thomas Kinkade Cross Stitch

Becky: Fuzzy Feet Slippers

Onmycue: Tablecloth/Watteau Train

Karen G: Fun Fur Vest

Karen in MN: Einstein Coat

Millie James: granny square afghan, small doily

The Other Kim: Lochgelly from A Season's Tale in Natural Heather Lopi

Aud: Vest in Black with Contrasting Colors

Ria: Shrug

Janise: Hasn't decided yet, but is joining us

Regards,
Ranee

Old January 10th 04, 12:50 AM
Sonya Cirillo

I think the part about having to redo stuff - sometimes it's not even a
whole 24 hours - is the hardest part of being a Mother and wife. . . I
mean - I would cook a huge batch of vegetable soup and not need to cook
for the rest of the week, I only had to clean the apartment once or
twice a week - it stayed picked up because I'd put my stuff away when I
was done with it and I rinse the bathroom sink out when I was done with
it ahhhhh the days of being single - I could knit/crochet and/or
needlepoint *all* day on saturday if I wanted and not get interrupted a
single time :O life is much more exciting now.

Sonya

Old January 10th 04, 01:15 AM
Katherine

Sonya Cirillo wrote:
I think the part about having to redo stuff - sometimes it's not even
a whole 24 hours - is the hardest part of being a Mother and wife. .
. I mean - I would cook a huge batch of vegetable soup and not need
to cook for the rest of the week, I only had to clean the apartment
once or twice a week - it stayed picked up because I'd put my stuff
away when I was done with it and I rinse the bathroom sink out when I
was done with it ahhhhh the days of being single - I could
knit/crochet and/or needlepoint *all* day on saturday if I wanted and
not get interrupted a single time :O life is much more exciting now.

Exciting? Well, that is one word for it, I guess!
Katherine (WHo cannot use her coffee table because Kandace has decided that
she wants to do ALL of her jigsaw puzzles and leave them assembled!)

Old January 10th 04, 12:08 PM
Janise Ross

Ranee,
Thanks for being the keeper of this list. With being away from
12/27-1/4, and trying to get caught up with life this past week, I have not
had a chance to figure out what I want my project to be yet. Hopefully,
I'll be able to get to my LYS this coming week. I'll report back when I
figure it out.

Janise

Old January 10th 04, 04:10 PM
NoraBalcer

Katherine,

Get Kandance a piece of green felt to put her puzzles on, then you can roll it
up and remove it from the table. You can buy them from craft catalogs, and like
a fool I did, only to find out they were green felt. Much cheaper at a fabric
store and it does work.

Hugs,

Nora
Old January 10th 04, 05:24 PM
Katherine

NoraBalcer wrote:
Katherine,

Get Kandance a piece of green felt to put her puzzles on, then you
can roll it up and remove it from the table. You can buy them from
craft catalogs, and like a fool I did, only to find out they were
green felt. Much cheaper at a fabric store and it does work.

I bought one of those, too, NOra. How silly were we? I thought I was getting
something wonderful! LOL
THe problem is that Kandace wants the puzzles left on the table for people
to admire. I am sure that this is just a phase and she will move on to
something else soon.
Hugs,
Katherine

New Year projects [email protected] Needlework 5 January 8th 05 08:18 PM
What to do with finished projects Gossamer Axe Needlework 51 September 27th 04 11:49 PM
New Year's Cast On? Ranee Mueller Yarn 34 January 3rd 04 01:18 AM
New Year's Cast On JudyTurpin Yarn 2 January 2nd 04 05:30 PM
Unfinished projects -> finished projects Elsa Yarn 2 December 22nd 03 06:02 PM