AD (sorta): jewelry website

Old November 12th 03, 07:13 PM
Marisa Exter

Default AD (sorta): jewelry website

All,

Well, I've got my website as up as it is going to be until after I am done with
this semester at school and done with holiday craft fairs.

http://www.tevayafae.com

I'd appreciate any comments! (large ones to be handled later, minor ones of
course ASAP ).
I am planning to eventually allow for payment to be made on the site with
PayPal's buttons (or maybe something else...I will need to investigate that
during winter break).
I also would like to take more nicer pictures of what is already up, and I have
a lot of stuff I haven't taken pictures of yet. As you can probably see,
different ones were taken at different times. All in all the pictures I have up
now are the best I've got so far, though...so any comments or recommendations
about photography would be appreciated as well. My digital camera isn't the
best and I can't afford to replace it, but I have already found that improving
my technique can improve the pictures a lot... I'm sure I still have a long way
to go!

Thanks

Marisa

Old November 12th 03, 07:22 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Marisa -

Looks awesome. The only suggestion I would make would be to make the page
title/logo a little bigger and bolder on the page.

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Need web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com

Old November 12th 03, 07:54 PM
Alison

Pretty stuff. I haven't looked far yet, but I find the blue text on green
background *very* difficult to read.

Alison

Old November 12th 03, 08:07 PM
JL Amerson

I liked the jewelry but I agree with Alison about the blue text on the green
background. You could also run into problems if someone is colorblind.

Old November 12th 03, 08:23 PM
Helen Page

Alison wrote:
Pretty stuff. I haven't looked far yet, but I find the blue text on
green background *very* difficult to read.

Agreed - changing it to navy blue would preserve the colour scheme (which is
very nice), but make it easier on the eyes.

Old November 12th 03, 09:51 PM
EL

Very nice. My one suggestion is that you put navigation buttons at the
bottom as well as the top/side -- it always irritates me to have to scroll
back up to the top to change to another category.

But I do like your stuff!

Elise

--
This is a post-only address.
Send replies to e_lewis AT bellsouth DOT net

Old November 12th 03, 10:31 PM
Carol in SLC

http://www.tevayafae.com

I'd appreciate any comments!

LOVE the new look!!!

On a very quick perusal, I only noticed one typo: on the clickable links on
the left-hand side "earing" is spelled with one r instead of two (it's correct
on the earring pages however).

Carol in SLC
My latest creation (11/10): http://members.aol.com/CarolinSLC/cousette.jpg
Old November 12th 03, 10:40 PM
MargieK

On 12 Nov 2003 22:31:09 GMT, ospam (Carol in SLC)
wrote:

Carol in SLC
My latest creation (11/10):
http://members.aol.com/CarolinSLC/cousette.jpg

Another new creation!! Beautiful!

--
Margie
http://snurl.com/2u8t

Old November 12th 03, 10:42 PM
MargieK

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:13:11 -0600, Marisa Exter
wrote:

Well, I've got my website as up as it is going to be until after I am done with
this semester at school and done with holiday craft fairs.

http://www.tevayafae.com

I like it, Marisa. You show case your jewelry very well and I know in
as you get more experienced with your camera, the pictures still
probably won't due your lovely jewelry justice.

I've had your website link on my little site for a while now. :=)

--
Margie
http://snurl.com/2u8t

Old November 12th 03, 11:07 PM
Kandice Seeber

I totally agree - the text just needs to be darker. Very pretty site - and
lovely jewelry!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Pretty stuff. I haven't looked far yet, but I find the blue text on
green background *very* difficult to read.

Agreed - changing it to navy blue would preserve the colour scheme (which

is
very nice), but make it easier on the eyes.

ONE OF A KIND JEWELRY INTRODUCTION. alia Beads 8 November 7th 05 04:04 PM
Lark Books Call For Artists: Found Object Jewelry Tink Beads 0 October 21st 03 11:35 PM
Bead and jewelry site. Mary Ann Beads 6 October 20th 03 04:11 AM
Found object jewelry (as requested) Dr. Sooz Beads 4 October 7th 03 06:37 AM