Babylock Quilters Choice Professional Questions

Old November 29th 03, 03:57 AM
Kate T.

Default Babylock Quilters Choice Professional Questions

Hey Everyone:

Yes it's me asking more questions about SM. I found a SM. that is suppose to
be a clone of the Brother 1500 for Babylock. From what little I've read,
its in competition with Brother and Juki. No price quotes found yet. Has
anyone seen this machine or demonstrations. Know of anyone that owns it and
can get some info.

Kate T.
South Mississippi

Old November 29th 03, 04:14 AM
~Spidey

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 21:57:47 -0600, "Kate T."
wrote:
Haven't seen a price on this but Janome also has one, Janome 6500
Professional, bigger arm, sews faster, has a quilting table, etc...

Old November 29th 03, 04:39 AM
Taria

Boy the babylock sure looks like the same machine as my Brother
1500. I had never seen or heard of it before but found it on
one webpage as regular price of 1249 and sale price of $1199.
I'd love to see the Brother, Juki and this Babylock all at the
same time to really see the differences but I think we'd find
the similarities greater.
Taria

Old November 29th 03, 04:04 PM
..Mickie Swall..

Spidey, the Janome is different than the Juki, Brother 1500, and now the Babylock, as it
does other than just the straight stitch. The Janome retail price is $1400 but I'm sure
it could be found for less money if you look around.
Mickie

. ..

Old November 29th 03, 04:05 PM
..Mickie Swall..

Here's a link to the Babylock -
http://www.babylock.com/sewing-embro...=BLQP#features
Yes, this surely is a clone of the Brother 1500 - and if you want comparison this website
carries all of those brands in one place:
http://www.creative-sewing-machine-center.com/
Babylock, Brother, Elna, Happy, Juki, Pfaff, Singer, and Viking ---
They even sell HAPPY machines! LOL
(which is the name of their multi-thread embriodery machine)
Keep in mind that these machines are all excsuively straight-stitch machines, if you want
some built-in stitches look for the Janome 6500 ----and I'm sure the other companies will
soon have their competitive models for that one too!
Mickie

Old November 29th 03, 07:49 PM
Kate T.

Mickie what would we all do without you. Thanks for the information. I
was able to download the parts manual from Juki. I'm interested in the
parts, what's plastic and what's not, what will wear out quickly, and the
warranty. How many years for labor and parts. As I said before your the
greatest.

Kate T.
South Mississippi

Old November 29th 03, 07:56 PM
Kate T.

Thanks for finding the price Taria. Looks like the Babylock came out this
year and the price is out of range for me till it becomes competative with
the Juki and Brother. I read somewhere in my wanderings over the net that
the Babylock is made by Brother for Babylock. H-u-m-m-m.

Kate T.
South Mississippi

Old November 29th 03, 10:14 PM
Polly Esther

Golly, Mickie. How are you going to get your head in and out of the door
with Kate swelling it up like that? Polly

Old November 29th 03, 10:50 PM
..Mickie Swall..

Well, y'see Polly, I just don't let this kind of stuff go to my head. g
At any rate, I'm watching all the sewing machine makers very closely,
just waiting for my dream machine to be invented.
What I would really like to do is select certain features & stitches and
have a machine created just for me. It is such a waste that I have to
buy - and pay for - 235 variations of stitches
(not to mention 350 different buttonholes - I Never Make Buttonholes!!!!)
....just because the lower end machines don't have those two or three
stitches I want/need/use.
Mickie

hlink.net...

Old November 30th 03, 12:57 AM
KCK

"Polly Esther" wrote ...
Golly, Mickie. How are you going to get your head in and out of the

door
with Kate swelling it up like that? Polly

I was going to add that our industrious Mickie could probably make an
award-winning quilt using just a pair of dull scissors and a staple gun,
but
perhaps I'd better keep quiet while she hunts for that dream machine.
;-)

--

KCK ( in Texas)
Take out the DOG before sending email