Wish me Luck! New Glasses for Stitching

Old September 4th 03, 10:20 PM
Lynne M.

Default Wish me Luck! New Glasses for Stitching

Tomorrow I go visit the eye doctor, and thanks to some very helpful
suggestions from people here, will ask for special monovision glasses
for stitching. I will take in some of my stitching and see what they
can do. The idea of actually being able to see about 2 feet is
almost kinky; maybe I could even get a lap stand, but I'm getting
ahead of myself. With new regular glasses I will be spending a
bundle.

Will also try stitching again this weekend. I have not been
able to finish the last two letters of the Peter Rabbit alphabet
because the bone spurs in my neck decided to go crazy. (Maybe
Lynne was stitching a little too frantically all hunched over?)
First standing up was a good goal, then trying to get some rest,
then getting through whole days without lots of pain medication. Thank
goodness for large quantities of 800 mg ibuprofen. I still
have several numb fingers so hope I don't have to get my fool
neck operated on. But right now I'm just looking forward to
the glasses and want to thank people for taking the time to suggest
vision solutions.

Lynne (maybe red winged glasses that will make me look like a cat!)

Lynne
Old September 5th 03, 04:07 PM
John Quinn

Good luck with the new glasses. Because I'm in denial about my need for
bi-focals, I've not yet gone to see about my eyes. I stitch with my
glasses on top of my head, as a result when I look up at the TV pull
down the glasses what I was trying to see is over most of the time (have
to finish the stitch don't I). Can one watch TV and stitch with bi-focals?

John

Old September 5th 03, 04:14 PM
Bmciowa

Can one watch TV and stitch with bi-focals?

I got variable bifocals a few months ago and I love them! I stitch looking
though the bottom part and watch TV through the top part. So far I've been
able to work as small as 32 ct. over 1 without additional magnification.

FWIW,
Sara in Delaware
WIPS:Creativity (Just Nan)

Old September 5th 03, 07:19 PM
Lynne M.

"Dawne Peterson" wrote in message ...
Lynne (maybe red winged glasses that will make me look like a cat!)

Go for the rhinestones, girl! Good luck, and we hope to hear reports about
your stitching again soon.
Dawne

Just got back from the eye doctor with a prescription for 2
pairs of glasses (you don't want to know how much this is setting
me back!) I will get some monovision ones in my old frames and
some new black plastic ones -- kinda funky!

And yes, I did try on some rhinestone ones -- Too funny! I even
stitched a little while they fixed my old glasses. Thanks so
much for the good wishes.

Lynne
Old September 6th 03, 05:57 PM
Lynne M.

"Pat Porter" wrote in message ...
Rhinestones? You trying to turn her into Dame Edna?

Pat P.

--

And why not? I need something to aspire to, LOL! I can
do my hair in a pink rinse and have a gladdie farm. No going

Lynne

Wish me luck! Lee S. Billings Beads 9 February 3rd 05 04:34 AM
Glasses Cindy Schoepp Beads 3 January 1st 05 08:32 AM
Had an idea for a bracelet, wish me luck! Beadseeker Beads 0 November 12th 04 05:30 PM
Didymium Glasses - Questions starlia Beads 0 August 9th 04 11:54 PM
wish me luck roxan Beads 19 March 17th 04 12:37 PM