Maybe we all can combine destashing with making presents for others ????

Old September 15th 07, 05:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default Maybe we all can combine destashing with making presents for others ????

In my decissions to destash i also included making presents for
others , i I decided to go back to an old habit , when i sew [on the
machine] i always end up with some leftover cloth , WHY not? make some
little present on the spot !!!, and put it in the `Presents
drawer` ,,,, this way leftovers don`t need storage , and when invited
or called for bazzars , you allready have some stuff ,,,

Old September 15th 07, 01:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Sep 15, 12:18 am, wrote:
In my decissions to destash i also included making presents for
others , i I decided to go back to an old habit , when i sew [on the
machine] i always end up with some leftover cloth , WHY not? make some
little present on the spot !!!, and put it in the `Presents
drawer` ,,,, this way leftovers don`t need storage , and when invited
or called for bazzars , you allready have some stuff ,,,

Good idea, Mirjam. When I finish studying, I will do that. I always
used
to knit up little bits of yarn - either make mittens or actually
crochet
granny squares. Now, when I finish a project, I just put the leftover
yarn in a bag where it sits forever.

Higs,
Katherine

Old September 15th 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Suz

On Sep 14, 9:18 pm, wrote:
In my decissions to destash i also included making presents for
others , i I decided to go back to an old habit , when i sew [on the
machine] i always end up with some leftover cloth , WHY not? make some
little present on the spot !!!, and put it in the `Presents
drawer` ,,,, this way leftovers don`t need storage , and when invited
or called for bazzars , you allready have some stuff ,,,

I've been thinking the same thing. I just came up with an idea for
knitting wastebasket "scrunchies" to hide the unsightly grocery store
bags I use for wastebasket liners. It only takes a partial skein to
knit one of these. It's a perfect way to use up small quantities of
yarn and these bands would make great stocking stuffers. Here's a link
to my how-to page:

http://easy-knit-crochet.com/wastebasket.htm (Hmm, I thought it would
be a link, but I guess not.)

Suz

Old September 16th 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary

For many years I have used my odds and ends to make hats, scarves,
mittens, and sweaters for small children, and have given them to
various charities, which sometimes simply give them to needy kids but
more often put them in charity sales and silent auctions. A few have
even been raffled! I have found that color patterns use up lots of
small amounts very nicely, keep me entertained, and provide an
opportunity for me to try out new things on small items. Occasionally
a friend will give me enough yarn for an entire sweater, and then I do
some sort of stitch pattern.

Old September 16th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Sep 15, 8:26 pm, Suz wrote:
On Sep 14, 9:18 pm, wrote:

[...]

Suz , thank you for this link , but i don`t think i willl make such an
item .
mirjam

Old September 21st 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Suz" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 14, 9:18 pm, wrote:
[...]

I like! Thank you for sharing! )

*hugs*
Gemini

Old September 25th 07, 04:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

What a wonderful idea!

I hope you share some of your ideas. I've got a mountain of fabric, and
some yarn, to destash.

Murielle

oups.com...

Old September 25th 07, 04:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"Suz" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 14, 9:18 pm, wrote:
[...]

It worked for me! What a wonderful idea!

Thanks for sharing,
Murielle

Old September 25th 07, 04:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"Mary" wrote in message
ups.com...
For many years I have used my odds and ends to make hats, scarves,
mittens, and sweaters for small children, and have given them to
various charities, which sometimes simply give them to needy kids but
more often put them in charity sales and silent auctions. A few have
even been raffled! I have found that color patterns use up lots of
small amounts very nicely, keep me entertained, and provide an
opportunity for me to try out new things on small items. Occasionally
a friend will give me enough yarn for an entire sweater, and then I do
some sort of stitch pattern.

I'm loving all these wonderful ideas!

Thank you,
Murielle

Destashing Rachel Gasperson Needlework 4 June 16th 20 03:00 AM
Destashing WoolyGooly Yarn 12 February 28th 07 03:01 PM
Destashing a tiny bit The YarnWright Yarn 5 February 23rd 06 01:56 AM
Destashing followup Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 1 August 3rd 03 05:40 AM
Destashing Rachel Gasperson Yarn 1 August 1st 03 02:30 AM