Mirabilia's Cinderella ?

Old July 25th 03, 04:46 PM
Caryn

Default Mirabilia's Cinderella ?

There is a bit of a mystery to me in this design.

There are 3 different symbols for the same floss color.

Does anybody know why this is the case?

Also, when Nora calls for #4 braid, do you know if I should use 1 strand or
two? I use two in my own designs, but it's unclear to me what Nora wants.

TIA,

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old July 28th 03, 03:19 PM
Ellice

On 7/25/03 11:46 AM,"Caryn" posted:

There is a bit of a mystery to me in this design.

There are 3 different symbols for the same floss color.

Does anybody know why this is the case?

Also, when Nora calls for #4 braid, do you know if I should use 1 strand or
two? I use two in my own designs, but it's unclear to me what Nora wants.

If you wanted more of the metallic coverage, why not just use one strand of
#8? Easier than threading 2 of #4, and would look more even. IME, metallics
of that type are usually listed in 1 strand for stitching. Else, you'd just
select the next larger size. If you're doing it on 32 ct, I'd definitely
only use 1 of #4, but on 28 ct, IME, you could do 2 of #4, or 1 of #8.

That's a nice chart - have fun stitchin' it.

ellice

Old July 28th 03, 04:54 PM
Caryn

If you wanted more of the metallic coverage, why not just use one strand of
#8?

whine but I already bought the #4!

ROFL

I think I'll try it with just one strand, if I don't like coverage I'll redo
with two.

I was just curious if anybody knew Nora's first choice.

Old July 28th 03, 09:20 PM
Ellice

On 7/28/03 11:54 AM,"Caryn" posted:

If you wanted more of the metallic coverage, why not just use one strand of
#8?

whine but I already bought the #4!

ROFL

I think I'll try it with just one strand, if I don't like coverage I'll redo
with two.

I was just curious if anybody knew Nora's first choice.

Doesn't Nora have a garden of her own? You could ask. But, you know the
answer - I'd bet it's one strand of #4.

Watch that whinefest - don't want a habit - LOL
ellice

Old July 28th 03, 09:32 PM
Caryn

Watch that whinefest - don't want a habit - LOL
ellice

I'll be good! lol

Mostly I was kidding around.

Old July 29th 03, 02:29 AM
Caryn

But not tooo good. BTW - what color Kreinik is it? I might be willing to
swap some stash - I have a lot of Kreinik on hand right now ;^)

Um...it's at least 4 colors, and as I have them now I'll use them! lol

Besides, I have to go buy at least 4 spools of 002 as it is! lol