New Here but afraid to post

Old April 28th 04, 05:21 PM
Cher

Default New Here but afraid to post

How many of you reading this, are afraid to post to the group??? How long
have you been reading the posts for yet can't for the life of you pluck up
enough courage to do so..

My emails to this group about the 6x6 may seem odd to some, as I've said
that we cannot pair up people who don't post on this board.

The main reason above all the others for this is simple....We don't know who
you are, and it isn't fair on our regulars to allow them to post to someone
they don't know, giving out their snail mail address's and names...after
all, you could be anyone couldnt' you??

So in a way this is a group project aimed at helping all you lurkers out
there who feel shy of coming in, yet want to join up with our fab 6inches by
6inches square exchange..to come onto the board and post a quick note...to
get to know us, and us, you!

Just come into the ng, put a header...or subject line...New Here...and just
say hi, my name is, and i live in the UK or the US or Australia or wherever,
and say what textile projects you like doing, and you'll be sure to be
welcomed onboard by everyone, and before you know it, you'll be chatting
away to all of us, like you've known us all your life...lol

We were all new once, we all of us had to make a move and post on here...I
was one of those who wasn't so shy, but there have been many on here who
watched posts for six months or more, wanting to say they were there, but
couldn't...

If you are one of them, don't sit there, we don't bite, and usually take
great care of our newest members, we don't bitch at each other ... and
you'll find arguments on here rare.

So come in, and make friends with us, we all love to play...
The fastest way to join the monthly 6x6 is to use the newsgroup .. c'mon
what you waiting for, another month will be gone before you know
it...sooooooooooo

What's your name?
What country do you live in?
What do you most like to do in textiles?
What are you working on at the moment?
Do you follow a pattern or make up your own?
Are you stuck with a particular project..can we help you?

cheers........cher

---

Old April 28th 04, 06:13 PM
Laura

Greetings group,

I have posted a couple times already, but didn't give any of the
background, so I'll let you all know a bit more about me.

I'm Laura Miller, living in Minnesota USA at the moment but recently
transplanted from northern VA. Who knows whether the move is
permanent.

I like most to knit, but also enjoy cross-stitch, sewing, especially
complicated patterns, and needlepoint occasionally. At the moment I'm
working on a vest for my DH, my second pair of socks, and preparing
for the Norwegian sweater. I usually follow a patterns but have made
up my own several times, not always with the best results. Once or
twice it has turned out spectacular.

In theory I will someday learn tatting and crochet...

And I'm enjoying this NG immensely!

Cheers,
Laura M

Old April 28th 04, 07:17 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Laura,

See, it wasn't hard to tell us about yourself was it? We very happy to welcome
new people to the greatest group on the web.

Hugs,

Nora your May partner
Old April 28th 04, 07:19 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Cher,

Thank you for writing that great message to all the ones just wanting to join
our group. Folks, it isn't hard and you will probably find it fun once you
start posting.

Hugs,

Nora
Old April 28th 04, 07:30 PM
Ophelia

Hi Laura

A warm welcome from Scotland)

Ophelia

Old April 28th 04, 07:46 PM
Janise Ross

Hi Laura,
And welcome. I think there is at least 1 other person here who lives in
MN. Maybe she'll pop out of her recent absence. ;-)
I live in western NY, across the state from Nora. We keep saying that
maybe we'll try to get together sometime, but that has not happened. Maybe
this summer?
Looking forward to talking to you more.

Janise

Old April 28th 04, 07:50 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Janise,

Are we going to have a summer this year? It sure doesn't feel it out there
right now, only 43 and cold.

Hugs,

Nora
Old April 28th 04, 07:57 PM
Laura J

Okay, since the other Laura posted, I might as well too so you don't get us
confused, especially since she seems far more experienced than I am! I've
posted a couple of times without a formal introduction and have been
enjoying reading the group every since I started knitting a couple of months
ago. I live in Boston, Mass, USA and just this morning found out about a
place in JP called Circles "A Knitting Salon." Is anyone else here from the
area? Have you ever heard of this place? As you can see, I get
side-tracked easily. To continue...I've really only knit very easy stuff,
from patterns. A couple of hats (some of you helped answer my questions on
one of those), scarves and one pair of mittens. Right now I'm close to
finishing a shawl which I'm not sure I'll ever wear but it looked like an
interesting project (and I will have some questions before that is done). I
have tried crocheting but just couldn't get into it. I am also an amateur
potter and like working with my hands--I took up knitting because it was
something that I could do at home without making a huge mess! It has the
added benefit of letting me make stuff for my friends and family who are by
now sick of receiving bowls and vases every year.

My next project is going to be a baby sweater as soon as I can find a
pattern I like. Would you all suggest a button down or regular pull-over to
start with?

Thanks again for all your advice and entertainment!

LauraJ

Old April 28th 04, 08:06 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Laura J,

Welcome and I'm glad you decided to join us. What age are you looking for for
a baby sweater? For a little one I would say a cardigan is better, but seeing I
never had kids, what do I know? I do have a one piece hooded pattern I could
send you if you wanted a copy and yes it's a knit one.

Hugs,

Nora
Old April 28th 04, 08:38 PM
Seaspray

Hello from New Jersey! I also enjoy cross stitching but do not know how to
knit. I love to crochet. Nice to meet you.

Diane (Seaspray)