OT - back from surgery!

Old September 16th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kalera

Default OT - back from surgery!

Actually I got back last night but I was too thrashed to post anything.

So I was totally not expecting the main part of my surgery to be the
sinus thing. I thought that was kind of an afterthought, more of a "hey
as long as we're in here anyway" but then it turned out that my left
sinus cavity was blocked by a huge cyst and has been filled with
festering solid matter for, evidently, years, and my right one was
sporting a slightly smaller cyst. In the meantime my turbinates had
swollen to like four times their normal size, so he "trimmed" them,
which sounds like the grossest thing evar. I think he might have done
something to my deviated septum as well.

My nose is all swollen and my face hurts. Also an astonishing amount of
blood keeps coming from it, which is apparently normal and fine. It's
slowed down since last night; I sat over a bucket last night and just
let it flow because I got tired of changing the gauze. There's some sort
of plastic framework inside my nostrils, which I get taken out on Monday.

Compared to the sinus reaming, the tonsils are a minimal inconvenience,
although solid food would be nice. Veggie broth with silken tofu cubes
is really not so bad though. Also I have the biggest goddamn bottle of
oxycodone and also, for real, a whole quart bottle of liquid
hydrocodone. I am waiting for Moxley to come home with some tofutti and
other foods more substantial than jell-o and popsicles.
--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old September 16th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Karen Sherwood

Yikes, Kalera!!!!! Hope you're less ouchy soon.

In the meantime, slog down that hydrocodone and come back & post. I'm
sure it will be fun for all.

Fast healing!

KarenS
Old September 16th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Jan G

Thinking of you and hoping you will feel a lot better soon.
Cheers, Jan
Old September 16th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Paulette Insall

Oh my goodness! Did they have an idea about the sinus thing previous to your
surgery?

Sending healing vibes and prayers your way. Hope you heal quickly. Sounds
like things are really sucking right now. (((BIG hugs))) Thankfully you've
got a great hubby to take care of you. Let me know if you need anything
hon! Really, I mean it!

Paulette
--
SPIglass Studio ~ handmade art glass beads & jewelry
http://www.spiglass-studio.com

My blog - http://www.spiglass-studio.com/myblog/myblog.html

Ebay auctions - ID flutterbearies
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZflutterbearies

My Etsy shop
http://spiglass.etsy.com

. ..

Old September 16th 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Waving my wand and sending healing vibes across the pond.
Hugs
Shirley

In message , Kalera
writes

http://www.allcrafts.demon.co.uk
Old September 16th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

Kalera,
Yuck, I am officially grossed out.
I'm hoping you feel better soon, I'm nauceous just reading about what
you are going through, lol.
Patti

Old September 16th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kandice Seeber

Oh, Kalera......ouch!!! I'd hug you, but that would hurt! I hope it feels
better soon. At least you know the sinuses will feel better once they heal.

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net

Old September 16th 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl

Kalera -- do NOT let it keep bleeding -- it needs to STOP in order to
heal.
Also - you can actually lose a significant amount of blood from
that sort of thing.
Drink lots of fluids - stay hydrated.
The liquid hydrocodenone will be your friend - we
had to get liquid something (not that) but just codeine
I think for Chris - he couldn't swallow the pills after
the second day --
REST - SLEEP - DRINK FLUIDS
I would say that from what they did
you will be feeling far better, and far perkier
in 2 weeks....
just like my Chris - he was always dragging...
I think the damn doctors stunted his growth as
a teen because they wouldn't do anything -
saying it wasn't "serious" - but he grew after
he had them out - surprise surprise.
But by then he was nearly 21 -- and past his
good growth years.

Hope you've started on that stock of
banana popsicles too.
hugs --
rest girl!
Cheryl

Old September 17th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Wow, it's amazing that something like a huge cyst can grow in your
sinuses like that :S It sounds too gross to picture. I hope the pain in
your faces goes away soon.

Best,
Christine

Old September 17th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Susan B.

Ouch! Still, I'm glad they found out what was making you feel dragged
out. Once you're recovered ... watch out world! Sending wishes for a
rapid recovery.

--
Susan in CA(NADA)

New KNITTY is back up YarnWright Yarn 0 May 26th 06 03:06 PM
Back of the work Alison in OH Needlework 5 November 29th 04 08:08 PM
OT - back from surgery Lee Kerrighan Quilting 5 November 12th 04 11:08 PM
collar question FtForger Sewing 20 May 14th 04 09:36 AM