Overseas shipping info I'm not happy about

Old May 18th 04, 06:08 AM
Kalera Stratton

Default Overseas shipping info I'm not happy about

I just found out that here in the US, we're not supposed to ship more
than $500 worth of stuff overseas per year without a special license! If
you go over the fine is $10,000 PER INSTANCE! Oh lordy.

http://w3.access.gpo.gov/bis/
--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old May 18th 04, 06:29 AM
Armand Vine

is that at one time or to one buyer or all together for the
year????????????????

Old May 18th 04, 07:20 AM
starlia

That really sucks.

Old May 18th 04, 01:20 PM
Cheryl

well

I'd always assumed you all knew there were EXPORT LAWS....

that is one reason I keep my "international" sales to a bare minimum...

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old May 18th 04, 02:35 PM
Mj

I'm not sure where you found the regulation stating this restriction, but I
think the export regulations have more to do with the Commerce Control List
of items than with beads. After following some of the links on the page you
gave, I'm pretty sure beads don't require a special export license to sell
overseas - unless, of course, they contain hidden nuclear secrets and you're
sending them to Cuba! LOL!

Seriously, I'll research this more thoroughly when I have more time, but I
truly think you needn't worry about beads.

Mj

--
=================================
Marjean Cline - Certified Bead Enabler

Old May 18th 04, 02:39 PM
Candace

yeah, come on Kalera...quit tucking the warheads into the vessels and
everything will be fine. Ha!

~Candace~

Old May 18th 04, 07:10 PM
Kalera Stratton

That's for the *whole year*. Basically where I'm at right now is that if
I ship one more thing overseas this year without the license and they
catch me, I'm screwed. I HAD NO IDEA.

I'm going to call SCORE for more easily comprehensible information about
the license. The government site is a PITA to make sense of.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old May 18th 04, 07:18 PM
Kalera Stratton

Of COURSE I know there are export laws - how insulting - so I read the
section on customs and tried to glean as much info as I could there...
it would help if one branch of the government would at least refer to
other related branches so you might have an inkling of what to research
further. As far as I could find, as long as I was filling out
appropriate forms and paying taxes on my income, I was doing everything
I needed to because I am manufacturing my own wares and I am not
exporting bulk goods for resale.

If you don't know you need a license to do something, and when you do
your research on the proper ways to do it it never gets mentioned in any
of the documentation you read, how are you going to find out? I assume
you know that our government doesn't exactly make it convenient or easy
to get the information we need... they'd rather make the money on fines
by nailing us for violations.

Maybe I need to move to NZ, where they appear to actually have a
government that MAKES SENSE.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old May 18th 04, 07:20 PM
Kalera Stratton

Thanks! I am going to call SCORE and have them translate for me...
someone there will probably have experience with this.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay