OT Pagan Spam Ritual

Old May 16th 04, 02:22 AM
Christina Peterson

Default OT Pagan Spam Ritual

Ritual for the Great God Spammenot and the Goddess
Delete*
*pronounced 'Del - ee - tay

Altar Setup -- Computer, keyboard, and mouse in
center
of altar, if you wish to put out candles and incense
that is well and good, but it is probably better to
forgo the salt and water for reasons that SHOULD be
obvious. Connect to your ISP and open your mailbox.

The Ritual

I. Cast your circle.

If you have a cordless mouse you may use this to
cast,
otherwise you are better off using your usual tools.

II. Invocations of the elements

East -- O creatures of Air, you who bring "me too"
posts, thoughts and ideas of the world into my
inbox,
be with me this night as I honor the Divine Couple
Spammenot & Delete.

South -- O creatures of Fire, you who bring the love
letters, promises of organ enlargement, and flames
of
the e-list to my inbox, be with me this night as I
honor the Divine Couple Spammenot & Delete.

West -- O creatures of Water, you who bring
guilt-trips,
chain letters, and outpourings of joy to my inbox,
be
with me this night as I honor the Divine Couple
Spammenot & Delete.

North -- O creatures of Earth, you who bring
technical
support posts, product updates, and the minions of
spam
to my inbox, be with me tonight as I honor the
Divine
Couple Spammenot & Delete.

III. Invoking the God and Goddess.

Great God Spammenot

Protector of the inbox

Filterer of pyramid schemes and sex sites

Guardian against pharmaceutical companies

Soldier against the forces of bulk email marketing

Be with me this night as I read my mail

Let not the evil forces of greed and corruption make
it
past your filters

I invoke your name

Spammenot, Spammenot, Spammenot (hit the report
spam
key repeatedly)

Great Goddess Delete
The last barrier between unwanted mail and me
Render of me too posts
Shredder of the dreaded chain email letters
Destroyer of all I do not wish to bring into my life
Be with me this night as I read my mail
Take ye all of the posts which have escaped your
consort's power
I invoke your name
Delete, Delete, Delete (continue hitting delete
button
until you feel the goddess' power.

IV -- Cakes and Mail

Read your email in peace and joy. And delete the
cookies
in your temporary files for good measure.

V -- Thank the God and Goddess

Great Goddess Delete
I thank you for your awesome power
Gone are the days when I waded endlessly through
emails.
Praised be your name. Go now in peace until I read
again. Hail and Farewell.

Great God Spammenot

You grow in power daily

Deliver me always from the dark forces of Spam

I give you honor and reverence. Stay with me always
until I read again. I bid thee thanks.

VI: Dismissal of the Quarters

North -- O creatures of the Earth, I thank you for
your presence this night. Go if you must, stay if
you
will, but leave with me the information from
technical
support. I bid you Hail and Farewell.

West -- O creatures of Water, I thank you for your
presence this night.
Go if you must, stay if you will, but leave with me
the
joyful news I have received. I bid you Hail and
Farewell.

South -- O creatures of Fire, I thank you for your
presence this night.
Go if you must, stay if you will, but leave with me
the
love letters. I bid you Hail and farewell.

East -- O creatures of Air, I thank you for your
presence this night.
Go if you must, stay if you will, but leave with me
the
information and ideas of others. I bid you Hail and
Farewell.

VII Open the Circle

The circle is opened and never broken. So mote it
be!

Old May 16th 04, 03:52 AM
Debbie B

I love it. These are the times where I wish I had some pagan friends.
grin

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short

---

Old May 16th 04, 03:59 AM
Candace

I think I just peed myself. Thank you so much Tina. I shall repay you for
that one!!!!!

~Candace~ your local hemp goddess

Old May 16th 04, 05:53 AM
Karen_AZ

Oh Tina ROFL!!!!!!!

KarenK (off for some towels to clean my keyboard)

Old May 16th 04, 03:50 PM
JL Paules

I have a pagan friend and I did send it to her. :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

k.net...

Old May 16th 04, 05:38 PM
Debbie B

You are so lucky. People around me don't like me talking about anything to
do with Wicca. I went to the flea market with my family (parents & sisters)
found a fantastic golden bowl. When I mentioned it would be perfect for my
altar, my family was horrified. LOL

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short
"JL Paules" wrote in message
I have a pagan friend and I did send it to her. :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

k.net...

Old May 16th 04, 05:58 PM
Susan B.

In article , Christina Peterson
wrote:

Ritual for the Great God Spammenot and the Goddess
Delete*
*pronounced 'Del - ee - tay

Altar Setup -- Computer, keyboard, and mouse in
center
of altar, if you wish to put out candles and incense
that is well and good, but it is probably better to
forgo the salt and water for reasons that SHOULD be
obvious. Connect to your ISP and open your mailbox.

The Ritual

I. Cast your circle.

If you have a cordless mouse you may use this to
cast,
otherwise you are better off using your usual tools.

II. Invocations of the elements

Snip

This is wonderful Tina! Love it!

susan in canada

--
JustBead Auctions:
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=65191
Old May 16th 04, 05:59 PM
JL Paules

I've learned that being Wiccan is not the same thing as being a Pagan.
Wiccan is a relatively new religion whereas Paganism has been around since
rocks were invented. (Sarah corrected me when I called her a Wiccan.) I find
it fascinating so you may talk to me about it any time you'd like. :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

nk.net...

"JL Paules" wrote in message
I have a pagan friend and I did send it to her. :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

k.net...

Old May 16th 04, 06:28 PM
Debbie B

I've not heard that. Although I was told that Wicca is a Pagan belief. (not
sure if belief is the right word)

I did a lot of research into it cause I have some "different" talents. My
ex fiance's mother was into some alternative beliefs and brought me into it
a little bit. It was just enough to get me interested in it. So I've kind
of combined my beliefs into something that is comfortable for me. And it's
worked.

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short
"JL Paules" wrote in message
I've learned that being Wiccan is not the same thing as being a Pagan.
Wiccan is a relatively new religion whereas Paganism has been around since
rocks were invented. (Sarah corrected me when I called her a Wiccan.) I

find
it fascinating so you may talk to me about it any time you'd like. :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

nk.net...

"JL Paules" wrote in message
I have a pagan friend and I did send it to her. :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

k.net...

Old May 16th 04, 06:54 PM
JL Paules

You sound like me - we have to be true to whatever we believe. It may not
fit into the template of one religion or another but it DOES fit in our
heart. And that's what counts the most.

Peace!

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

nk.net...

"JL Paules" wrote in message
I've learned that being Wiccan is not the same thing as being a Pagan.
Wiccan is a relatively new religion whereas Paganism has been around

since
rocks were invented. (Sarah corrected me when I called her a Wiccan.) I

find
it fascinating so you may talk to me about it any time you'd like. :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

nk.net...

"JL Paules" wrote in message
I have a pagan friend and I did send it to her. :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Debbie B" wrote in message
k.net...
[...]

Calling all Hippie Crafters and Artists! (Not spam) KyndCulture Beads 23 May 14th 04 01:22 AM
Scary-looking but harmless spam Lee S. Billings Beads 0 January 30th 04 07:41 AM
Spam Cheri2Star Beads 0 January 30th 04 03:25 AM
The Links List -- NOT spam. Trust me. Dr. Sooz Beads 36 January 13th 04 04:29 PM
OT Brand new spam subject line-- EVIL! Dr. Sooz Beads 20 November 8th 03 12:23 AM