No Pain!

Old May 14th 04, 05:23 PM
Jalynne

Default No Pain!

Oh, that's awesome, Kathy!!!! Praying that it just gets better and better.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
For the first time in I don't know how long, I'm not about to cry with pain.
It's still there, a little, but the pain has reduced enough for me to force
it out of my consciousness. For me, this is *huge.*

I went to YA doc yesterday, and he gave me some muscle relaxants. I had
taken Flexoril in the past, and reported that it had done nothing for the
pain, but just made me so stoned I didn't care. He gave me a newer medicine,
Robaxin, which is supposed to make you less dopey, and is having me boost it
with Ultram and Vioxx. (A pain med and an anti-arthritis drug)

I'm drowsy, to be sure, but I hope that will pass. But to be in such a small
amount of pain that I can think about other things first is so amazing. It's
only a short term solution, until I go see the surgeon in a month. Feh. I'm
probably not going to get away without another operation, but I'll fight to
keep it as low-key as possible, and not the drastic spinal fusion/Harrington
rod nightmare I've been hearing about.

Now, I just have to remind myself that the bad stuff that hurts is still
there, and I shouldn't go overboard just because the pain is lessened for
now. I realized that I hadn't been miraculously cured overnight when I tried
to play ball with Sophie this morning. And no, there are no miraculous cures
that will enable me to do housework. Ever.

Kathy N-V

Old May 14th 04, 05:30 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Hope this is the first of many posts in the same vein. Enjoy your first
pain-free weekend in a while!

Barbara

Old May 14th 04, 05:36 PM
Diana Curtis

No pain... how wonderful for you! That means you have energy to give to the
things you love instead. Are you really sorry to have to give up
housekeeping?
Diana

Old May 14th 04, 05:54 PM
roxan

I sincerely hope the meds help you till you can seek a better solution to
your health problem.
Many hugs coming your way.
Roxan

Old May 14th 04, 08:19 PM
JL Paules

I am so glad to hear this from you!

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old May 14th 04, 08:34 PM
Dr. Sooz

(my fingers are going to drop off for writing such lies.)

Haw haw HAW
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 14th 04, 08:56 PM
KDK

Wow - what good news for you! I'm so happy for you. I truly cannot imagine
living everyday with pain.

Now don't overdo - but do enjoy!

Kathy K

Old May 15th 04, 12:04 AM
Helen Page

Kathy N-V wrote:
For the first time in I don't know how long, I'm not about to cry
with pain. It's still there, a little, but the pain has reduced
enough for me to force it out of my consciousness. For me, this is
*huge.*

snip

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE! Yay! Really pleased for you!

And no, there are no miraculous cures that will enable me to do
housework. Ever.

Oh dear.

Old May 15th 04, 12:12 AM
Jalynne

Then there's me, who really enjoys cleaning, just not the mess monsters that come
along after I'm done....sigh.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
On Fri, 14 May 2004 12:36:45 -0400, Diana Curtis wrote
(in message ):

Are you really sorry to have to give up
housekeeping?

Oh yes. Heartbroken. I live to clean.

Kathy N-V

(my fingers are going to drop off for writing such lies.)

Old May 15th 04, 12:34 AM
JL Paules

I worry about women like you. ;-)

--