Pinwheel Puzzle

Old February 9th 04, 05:45 PM
Flossy

Default Pinwheel Puzzle

I was wonderin.....If I use the pinwheel block with all plaids and stripes what
other block would sit along side it to make the pattern less intense. I am
looking at probably putting the 'other' block chequer board style with the
pinwheel but am at a loss what to choose. All suggestions will be greatfully
received
Flossy
Malvern England
***** Queen of Plaids ******
http://photos.yahoo.com/flossy3353

Old February 9th 04, 06:33 PM
Patti

Hullo Flossy
It does depend on how much 'work' you want to do in it!
However, how about a four-patch? That way, the wide ends of the
pinwheels would be coming up against one of the squares of the
four-patch. If you made the blades of the pinwheels plaids and stripes,
with plainish 'background' and used plaids and stripes in alternate
squares of the four-patch, but arranged it so that the plainish bits of
one were adjacent to the plaidy bits of the other, would that work for
you? (Or plaids to plaids?).
I wouldn't do too complicated a block as your alternate - I think you
want to have fairly equal complexity of blocks.
..

In article , Flossy
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 10th 04, 12:28 PM
Mauvice Murphy

I love the alternate hour glass, it makes whatever next to it stand out and
the block definition disappears.
Want a sample? use Equilt, if you don't have it let me know and I will send
you one.

--
Mauvice in Central WI USA
remove no spam to reply
"Flossy" wrote in message
I was wonderin.....If I use the pinwheel block with all plaids and stripes

what
other block would sit along side it to make the pattern less intense. I am
looking at probably putting the 'other' block chequer board style with the
pinwheel but am at a loss what to choose. All suggestions will be

greatfully
received
Flossy
Malvern England
***** Queen of Plaids ******
http://photos.yahoo.com/flossy3353

stitcher's jigsaw puzzle Rhiannon Needlework 11 June 12th 04 03:40 AM
Jigsaw Puzzle Quilts Joan8904 Quilting 4 February 1st 04 03:06 AM
WANTED - Jigsaw / Puzzle pieces fabric Chortler Marketplace 0 September 22nd 03 12:54 PM
Scrappy Pinwheel LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 13 September 15th 03 07:04 PM