Help with Inspiration

Old April 3rd 08, 05:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Default Help with Inspiration

I want to enter a small quilt in an art quilt show coming up soon. I
have two weeks to make the thing, so it can't involve math or intense
drafting or traveling to copy the Sistine Chapel ceiling.

The theme is: Imagination Unleashed, Dreams and Illusions.

So, help Sunny think of some topics that could be turned into a wall
hanging. I'm thinking of stars and floating gardens and flying ... um,
things. Obviously I need some help. Help me think of a long list of
possible topics so I can pick one by tomorrow and settle in to making
it happen.

Thanks In Advance

Sunny
Old April 3rd 08, 05:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

LOL. Please forgive me Sunny. You say the theme is Imagination Unleashed,
Dreams and Illusions and you only have 2 weeks? No problem. Do a WH of a
blue ribbon.
Sorry. I just couldn't quit stitching on some cuddly Swiss flannel and
have let myself get way beyond tired and sensible. It just struck me that a
'blue ribbon' would certainly be imagination, a dream and an illusion in
such an impossible time constraint. I'll put me to bed now. Polly

Old April 3rd 08, 06:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

ROFL Polly, of course you're right! But I can dream..........

Sunny

Old April 3rd 08, 08:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Melanie Rimmer

Sounds like an interesting project. How about:

Alice in Wonderland (the classic "it was all a dream" story)

Are you familiar with Daphne DuMaurier's Rebecca, which starts "Last
night I dreamt I went to Manderley again"?

The Dream of Chuang-Tzu "Once upon a time, I, Chuang-tzu, dreamt I was a
butterfly, flittering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a
butterfly...suddenly I awoke... Now I do not know whether I was then a
man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming
I am a man."

Old April 3rd 08, 12:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Melanie, Rebecca is my favorite novel of all times. I memorized the
opening paragraphs for a dramatic reading once in high school and I do
know and love The Dream of Chuang-Tzu. Hmmmmmm, how to express going
back to Manderly. A huge gate with vines all over.... a road,
trees......maybe monochromatic in sepia tones........ ohhhhhh that
might work.

Sunny
Old April 3rd 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
monique

The Door in the Forest quilt you mentioned sounds like it would fit the
theme perfectly!

(I finally made contact with the artist, by the way. She was thrilled
at all the positive reaction to her piece, which has since been taken down.)

Monique in TX

Old April 4th 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DEM

How about a little child flying thru the sky with his "unleashed"
dog flying with him??? Would take a little work and don't we
all at one time imagine we can fly? And what better way then
with your best friend.

Donna
in WA

Old April 4th 08, 05:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Monique, the door in the forest is going to take more time than I have
for this event. I just found out about it and have been asked to
please submit something. So I'm scrambling for an idea that I can whip
up quickly. Right .... quickly. Anyhow, I've been making fabric today.
That almost always gets my creative juices going. I think I have an
idea and should have the sketch by tomorrow morning. Then -- well,
we'll see.

But I'm trying. That's the important thing. I'm trying.

Sunny
Old April 4th 08, 02:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
allisonh

Sunny wrote:
Monique, the door in the forest is going to take more time than I have
for this event. I just found out about it and have been asked to
please submit something. So I'm scrambling for an idea that I can whip
up quickly. Right .... quickly. Anyhow, I've been making fabric today.
That almost always gets my creative juices going. I think I have an
idea and should have the sketch by tomorrow morning. Then -- well,
we'll see.

But I'm trying. That's the important thing. I'm trying.

Sunny

Could you do a photo transfer of the door and then embellish?

Allison

Help with inspiration Sunny Quilting 31 January 30th 07 02:32 AM
need inspiration Taria Quilting 38 January 10th 07 07:29 PM
Some Inspiration [email protected] Beads 7 July 18th 06 06:10 PM
inspiration JoAnn Paules Beads 3 September 14th 04 03:26 PM
Help with inspiration Morag in Oxford Quilting 2 August 23rd 04 08:09 PM