Quilt Police chat

Old March 29th 08, 01:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa

Default Quilt Police chat

What you wrote in one of the above posts worries me.

Di
"nzlstar*" wrote in message
?
j.

"DiMa" wrote...
Jeanie,
Contact me off list please.
Di

Old March 29th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Melanie Rimmer

DiMa wrote:
What you wrote in one of the above posts worries me.

I think there's a few of us worried about you, Jeanne. Take care of
yourself. I wish I wasn't on the other side of the world from you. If I
lived down the road I'd come round to your house with a chocolate cake,
make a big pot of tea or whatever you prefer, and we could chat about
what's eating you. Or perhaps I'd just tell you jokes and funny stories
and try to lift the load a bit and get you to smile. You sound so very
down, and it's not like you. You usually make me laugh. I've always
admired your determined, individual, sassy, laugh-at-the-word approach.
You remind me of myself, or at least of the kind of person I'd like to
be. Be gentle to yourself, Jeanne. My email is in plain if you want to
talk to me privately. hug
Old March 29th 08, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Arkansas[_2_]

On Mar 27, 7:39*pm, "nzlstar*" wrote:
i dont think you'd like much having me there today anyhow,
Kathyl.
i'm not in a good mood.
i'm furious, cant cope, dont know where to turn now.
might join my son, my mom, my dad, my brother soon.
then no one will have me bugging them again.
j.

Don't turn your rage inward and damage yourself. Get mad, scream,
cry, run away......but don't fail to live every moment of your own
life.

Old March 30th 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

dont need to worry bout me.
i'm sure the rest of the world has more that needs worry'n
bout.
j.

"DiMa" wrote...

Old March 30th 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa

At the moment Jeanie, you are what is worrying your friends on the
newsgroup.
Talk to us, either on the group or privately, we are all great listeners and
WE DO LOVE YOU.

Di

Old March 30th 08, 06:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

all too far away to do me any good.
talking i've done and for what?
gets me nowhere.
no one cares here and here is where it does me any good.
typically, the same old stuff i get.
makes no difference where i am. same old stuff.
i have no family now. i dont count dh or the kids even.
none of my birth family. i am alone in the universe.
j.

"DiMa" wrote...

Old March 30th 08, 09:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Melanie Rimmer

We do care, Jeanne. You may not believe us, but we really do. Email me
if you want to talk. My address is just as it appears on this post.
Old March 30th 08, 09:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa

Why don't you care about your own family - you are not alone and never will
be as long as there is a person breathing.
You must not let depressive feelings smother you - what would you mother
say, and your birth family?
Giving in is a sure sign of letting go and I DO NOT BELIEVE FOR ONE SECOND
that you truly believe you are alone.
You are feeling lonely and unloved, do something about it - TALK TO US.
Only God knows how many times I have gone down a path of self destruction
but there is always some little thing that jumps out at me and says - do
something about it now - only you can do that Jeanie, no-one else can do it
for you. You have to want it to get better.

We will all wait for your positive response to our caring and love being
sent across the cyberspace - just open you eyes and heart and let it flood
you over.

Di

Old March 30th 08, 10:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bronnie

Default Talk to us Jeanne, we are here for you....

Di"nzlstar*" wrote in message

all too far away to do me any good.
talking i've done and for what?
gets me nowhere.
no one cares here and here is where it does me any good.
typically, the same old stuff i get.
makes no difference where i am. same old stuff.
i have no family now. i dont count dh or the kids even.
none of my birth family. i am alone in the universe.
j.

"DiMa" wrote...
At the moment Jeanie, you are what is worrying your friends on the
newsgroup.
Talk to us, either on the group or privately, we are all great listeners
and
WE DO LOVE YOU.
Di

People do care about you Jeanne. How come you are so down? A few
days ago you were busy with DH painting and hanging curtains - was
that not a joint task with interaction of others? Was it not so long
ago DH took you out for a special birthday dinner (God, I hope that
was you... I think it was, when you had a cold or something....).
Reaffirm your love for each other and talk to your children.
don't let that silly old power pole ruin your life - if that is what
is really bugging you. We only get to live once.
If you can't do any of that, well, it is time to get some professional
help - ring your GP and make an appointment poste haste.

We are all hugging you and praying you get through this rocky patch.

Bronnie
Old March 30th 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative[_3_]

True ... we're not exactly within *physical* visitin' distance, but we ARE
as close as your computer. And we DO love you, Jeanne ... I think you've
gotten enough responses to make that clear.

You're a wonderful, sweet, funny, intelligent woman ... and you're one of
the people that makes this NG exciting, relaxing, interesting, fun and
amazing. While t'is true that we see only what you want us to see, you can't
really fake those qualities, so they DO describe you.

And if you think about it, not being in physical visiting distance can
actually be a good thing. You don't have to tidy things up, do your hair, or
worry about whether your jammies have a hole in the seat (like mine do!)
before you talk to us!

As my DD says, "it's ALL good!"

If you need to talk, vent, scream, cry or just holler, e-mail me (and/or
anyone else here -- like I said, you've gotten enough responses to know that
you CAN do that!!!) ... we love you and we CARE.

Warm, gentle, enveloping quilty hugs!!

--
Connie :-)
FREE patterns n' FREE eZine at my blog:

Quilt Police Charlotte Quilting 4 March 27th 08 02:45 AM
Anyone wanna chat -- Quilt Show room Quilt Police free Bronnie Quilting 0 March 26th 08 05:31 AM
Chat now in Quilt Show - Quilt Police Free Room Bronnie Quilting 4 March 24th 08 07:43 PM
binding and the quilt police Quiet Reef Quilting 9 April 25th 05 01:38 PM
I know there are no Quilt Police, but... Paul & Suzie Beckwith Quilting 12 February 7th 04 03:34 PM