Invisible Posts

Old July 9th 03, 08:39 PM
Clooniff

Default Invisible Posts

You're the Goddess of Usenet? Humblest obeisances. Besides the fabric is
there more to the ritual?

Betty in CT

"frood" wrote in message
. com...
http://www.intfab.com/ Here is my favorite place for imported fabric. I
believe they have my address, if you want to eliminate the middle man and
send it directly to me.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Clooniff" wrote in message
That sounds worth trying. I'll take some!

Of course, you notice that complaints about the problem do post! but

again,
having done it through Explorer, I'm not seeing it through Google.

Betty in CT

Old July 9th 03, 11:21 PM
AliceW

I posted a message yesterday and it didn't show up either. I checked Google
and it's not there. I had S.E.X in the message title, so maybe it got
filtered! Geesh, we're talking fabric here folks, not THAT sex! Anybody
see my post about my Florida S.E.X and visit to mom?

--
Alice in NJ
RCTQ - "Royal Cybrarian"

Old July 9th 03, 11:24 PM
AliceW

Nevermind! You know you're having a bad day when you skip over your own
post! But I still didn't see it on Google!

Old July 9th 03, 11:35 PM
Elena

Mine did that for a few months. Then they got bought out. lol
Best advice I can give ( and I may have given it to you already ) is to make
sure you aren't grouping by conversation or thread, then sort them by date.
Highlight all the ones with older dates and select "Mark Read" Then go
back and group them by thread ( if that's the way you read in the first
place). It at least saves some time. Outlook Express also lets you "Hide
Read Messages" under View. Then all you see are your unread ones. No need
to scroll thru the others.

HTH,
Elena
who often has to go back to Show All Messages because I want to refer to the
Old July 10th 03, 11:43 PM
KittyG

On Google, try using keywords to search for posts, sometimes posts are
grouped by topic with earlier posts and are listed under that heading for
some reason, the way that it is archived.

kitty in phx
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee

Old July 13th 03, 06:51 PM
Dr. Quilter

yup, it was there... you guys getting too anxious or something? )

AliceW wrote:
I posted a message yesterday and it didn't show up either. I checked Google
and it's not there. I had S.E.X in the message title, so maybe it got
filtered! Geesh, we're talking fabric here folks, not THAT sex! Anybody
see my post about my Florida S.E.X and visit to mom?

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Old July 14th 03, 11:21 PM
Dragonfly

Google can take up to 9 hours to show your posts.
Also, if you change the subject line *at all*, it puts your message
someplace other than where you meant to put it!

Dragonfly
been posting via Google for far too long....