OT from Piggie

Old July 13th 03, 12:29 PM
Piglet

Thanks to everybody for the nice thinks......

Am at the laptop in the bed, on my fifth mystery from the library in two
days, almost ready for #6.....and starting to actually get a *taste* for
metamucil cookies (necessitated by the vast amount of codeine....)

Means a lot to be thunk of by yer friends, you know? g

--pig, oinking more cheerfully today

Old July 13th 03, 03:48 PM
Kate Dicey

Piglet wrote:

Thanks to everybody for the nice thinks......

Am at the laptop in the bed, on my fifth mystery from the library in two
days, almost ready for #6.....and starting to actually get a *taste* for
metamucil cookies (necessitated by the vast amount of codeine....)

Means a lot to be thunk of by yer friends, you know? g

--pig, oinking more cheerfully today

I had a funny experience with codeine in the hospital - it made me
hallucinate! Didn't touch the pain, but the fishes swimming in the
walls and the floating bed were a bit of a distraction...
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old July 13th 03, 05:05 PM
jules

My grandmother used to swear codeine was the cure all for everything ! Was
most put out when they started making it a prescription drug and she no
longer could buy bottles over the counter! Makes you wonder if it was the
codeine or the side effects that did the job for her ;o)

--
Jules

Old July 14th 03, 06:50 AM
melinda

Piglet wrote:
Just a quick note to say why I'm mostly invisible.....

Reading and posting from flat in bed ain't easy. Sciatica doctor has me
confined to bed; maybe we'll make some inroads on this, but I'm bored
brainless in the process. g

But typing when you ain't supposed to be sitting up ain't easy....and sewing
in this position is downright impossible. I brought a baby quilt I'm
working on up to bed with me, but that was clearly wild optimism; I can't
quilt lying down.

--pig, trying to read her way thru the entire library out of desperation

I feel for you. DH had sciatica flares for years, then he started belly
dancing with me and now the flare ups he gets are if his back gets real
cold and the flare ups are shorter and less painful. When your back settles
down maybe you could consider Pilates as an option to help with your back.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol