Anniversary

Old August 3rd 15, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nann[_2_]

Default Anniversary

Twenty years ago yesterday -- August 2, 1995: my first post to RCTQ. I lived in Fargo then. The public television station offered inexpensive internet (email) access -- two hours a day. The service included a range of UseNet Newsgroups, among them RCTQ. I was a novice at both quilting and the internet back then. RCTQ provided a wonderful community, a virtual quilt guild, acquaintances that I value, and friendships that I treasure.

Nann
Old August 4th 15, 08:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat on the Green

Goodness Nann! Your record-keeping is amazing.
I 'joined' in the mid-nineties, but I don't know when - nor have I any
records to look up g.
It was an enormously important part of my life, too. I know one has to
accept change, but I don't do that gracefully!
I am quilting far less now, not due to inclination, but lack of time.
Now that I am retired, I am busier than I have ever been gg

Pat on the Green
..

Old August 4th 15, 12:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Nann" wrote in message

Twenty years ago yesterday -- August 2, 1995: my first post to RCTQ. I lived
in Fargo then. The public television station offered inexpensive internet
(email) access -- two hours a day. The service included a range of UseNet
Newsgroups, among them RCTQ. I was a novice at both quilting and the
internet back then. RCTQ provided a wonderful community, a virtual quilt
guild, acquaintances that I value, and friendships that I treasure.

Nann

I've been on the computer since the mid 90's and that is when I found the
sewing and quilting newsgroups and I have truly enjoyed them and learned a
lot, and met many friends! It's great that these groups have many talented
people willing to help one another learn!
Barbara in dry SC

Old August 5th 15, 01:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

I first saw this group in July 1998, on a friend's computer, and joined in not long after, when I got webTV.

Wow, the changes this group has seen. The loss of quilty friends, celebrations of all sorts, and everything in between. The gain of some very good friends, whom I would never have met except for this group. The wonders of modern technology.

Ginger in CA
[true email to respond is ]

On Monday, August 3, 2015 at 11:48:05 AM UTC-7, Nann wrote:
Twenty years ago yesterday -- August 2, 1995: my first post to RCTQ. I lived in Fargo then. The public television station offered inexpensive internet (email) access -- two hours a day. The service included a range of UseNet Newsgroups, among them RCTQ. I was a novice at both quilting and the internet back then. RCTQ provided a wonderful community, a virtual quilt guild, acquaintances that I value, and friendships that I treasure.

Nann

Anniversary!! off kilter [email protected] Quilting 17 August 22nd 06 09:54 AM
anniversary Anna Belle Quilting 4 November 9th 04 07:57 PM
Anniversary Cindy Schmidt Quilting 0 November 9th 04 03:59 PM
Anniversary 6X6's Janise Ross Yarn 4 September 21st 04 04:28 PM
Anniversary Thanks G.Kelly Yarn 12 November 27th 03 11:37 AM