Our Quilt Show is Over!

Old June 13th 12, 08:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

Default Our Quilt Show is Over!

On 10/06/2012 10:18 PM, Susan Torrens wrote:
I've been working at our Quilts Kingston (Ontario Canada) quilt show
since Thursday morning early.
We had a wonderful show. We were using a new venue (much improved over
the old one), we had to construct over 200 new quilt stands, so there
was a learning curve to the setup, and everyone ended today happy and
exhausted! We had fabulous attendance, and covered all our expenses with
admissions on the first day! We were able to run the tea/lunch room with
donated home-baked treats, and it was busy every hour the show was open.
Our boutique did a booming business, and our consignment shop sold a
fair number of quilted items as well. There were over 250 quilts
entered, and we had some judging done in certain categories as well as
viewer's choice awards. I managed a 3rd place ribbon for one of my
miniature quilts!

DH and I took pictures of each quilt as it was hung in the show, and
after MANY hours of editing, we had photo CD's for sale the next day at
noon! This time we had a slide of the "artist statement" and then a
picture of each quilt in the show, since our program is small to reduce
printing expenses, and only lists the quilter's name, and the name of
the quilt. We made over $1000 selling the CD's, and I'll be bringing
some leftovers to our annual spring dinner on Wednesdays, for those who
missed buying one!

Now I have to catch up on my sleep, laundry, gardening, then quilting,
in that order!

I love your idea of selling CDs (altho it is such a lot of work!!).
What did you price them at?

Congrats on a good show and of course congrats again for your ribbon!
Allison