Searching for ?????????

Old April 11th 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dorothy

Default Searching for ?????????

Okay I'm going to give you all a challenge. I saw a square on
somebody's ebay store and I'm trying to find the name of it or a book
it's in something?????
I'll try to describe it but I'm not good at that. Think of a center
square with an on point sq in the center....then 8 star points with
white as a filler....now for the real hard part....it has in an
octagon shape 8 sets of 3 flying geese circling the center. Okay so I
have you all totally confused so I guess if you go to ebay and do a
search for QuiltCreative Quilt Kits and Fabric you'll see her logo
that has 3 blocks in it. It's the center block between the cat and
another star. Sorry I'm still new and so many of the same patterns
have different names that it can be a challenge naming stuff.

Now you have a quest! Do you know the answer? I would love to know it
if you do.

Thanks
Dorothy
DeFuniak Springs, FL

Old April 11th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Dorothy, if you could post a link to the ebay store or give us an
auction number so that we could see the block we could most likely
give you a name for it and maybe even directions on how to make it.
Other than that, I'm totally lost trying to imagine what it looks
like. Sorry.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old April 11th 07, 04:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dorothy

Hi Leslie,

The store is QuiltCreative They have quilt kits and fabric. Maybe that
will help. It's the square in the center of three in her logo.

Dorothy
DeFuniak Springs, FL

Old April 11th 07, 05:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_2_]

The store is QuiltCreative They have quilt kits and fabric. Maybe that
will help. It's the square in the center of three in her logo.

if you can see it, just cut and paste the link so we can too, I can probably
find it on the details you've given, but I'm not going to waste the time
when you have the link there.

Anne

Old April 11th 07, 05:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Okay, I finally found it- http://stores.ebay.com/QuiltCreative...its-and-Fabric
I have no idea what the block name might be. This isn't the easiest,
nor the most difficult, block. First off, what is your quilting skill
level? If you look across the top of the block, you will find it's a
9 patch- meaning it can be divided into 9 sections/squares- three
across and three down. The upper left corner is three flying geese on
an angle across the square in greens. The middle square is three
flying geese in yellow above a print flying geese for the star points
(altho it may have a narrower angle than the flying geese- I'm tired
and I didn't study it too closely). The upper right hand square is
three purple flying geese on the same type of angle as the upper left
square. The center is a square of the print fabric with the corners
stitched diagonally with the background fabric- similar to a flying
geese technique. It wouldn't be difficult to draft- the fabric to get
the colors the same as their colors would be more challenging..... so
what is your skill level??? ;-) Are you able to draft the block and
do you know flying geese techniques?

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old April 11th 07, 07:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_2_]

level? If you look across the top of the block, you will find it's a
9 patch- meaning it can be divided into 9 sections/squares- three
across and three down.

Look closely Leslie, whether you consider the whole thing as a nine patch,
or the inner star as a nine patch with missing corners, the lengths of the
sides are not all equal, but are close enough that it almost looks like they
are. I only realised this when I realised the flying geese are all the same,
but 4 are on a diagonal and 4 are not. Having looked through it, I
definitely recommend drafting, I think with careful choice of size, you
shouldn't have to make templates, but it would definitely help to figure it
all out, I found it hard on the brain and I have a maths degree!

Old April 11th 07, 08:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Dorothy wrote:
Hi Leslie,

The store is QuiltCreative They have quilt kits and fabric. Maybe that
will help. It's the square in the center of three in her logo.

Dorothy
DeFuniak Springs, FL

Its at:

http://myworld.ebay.com/quiltcreative/

--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)
Old April 11th 07, 09:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

Anne Rogers wrote:
level? If you look across the top of the block, you will find it's a
9 patch- meaning it can be divided into 9 sections/squares- three
across and three down.

Look closely Leslie, whether you consider the whole thing as a nine patch,
or the inner star as a nine patch with missing corners, the lengths of the
sides are not all equal, but are close enough that it almost looks like they
are. I only realised this when I realised the flying geese are all the same,
but 4 are on a diagonal and 4 are not. Having looked through it, I
definitely recommend drafting, I think with careful choice of size, you
shouldn't have to make templates, but it would definitely help to figure it
all out, I found it hard on the brain and I have a maths degree!

The Star bit is in Quilterscache:

http://www.quilterscache.com/E/Eight...tar4Block.html

I put the original Ebay picture into Paintshop Pro and made it bigger,
but it was very pixellated and so difficult to see, but I agree that its
a 9 patch with missing corners. The 3 geese at the top, bottom and sides
look straight forward, you'd just have to work out the size, but the
diagonals - I would want to draw out how they are set - there seemed to
be more background fabric at the pointy ends.

I looked through her kits to see if I could get a bigger image from
there, but couldn't see it, though I may have missed it. Most of the
blocks are only 9" completed, but this one must be more - or very fiddly!
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)
Old April 11th 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_2_]

The Star bit is in Quilterscache:

http://www.quilterscache.com/E/Eight...tar4Block.html

It's the same shape, but if you made it like that and then measured the
sides to get the size of the flying geese block, it wouldn't fit across the
diagonal of the corner square.

I was thinking for setting, that you'd put a half square triangle between
the geese, then cut it inline with the diagonal flying geese block then put
on another half square triangle.

Anne

Old April 11th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

I think it's just an Ohio Star surrounded by Flying Geese. It should
be fairly simple to re-create.