Knock-off legalities?

Old December 1st 03, 12:09 PM
Joy Hardie

Ahhh, Thank you. Now, there is my answer. And I will be sure to give
all of you AND the designer credit (just to be sure I cover my bases).
You people really know your stuff. Thanks for taking the time to
share.
Joy
Old December 12th 03, 12:55 AM
Mike Warren

Old December 12th 03, 05:00 PM

Knock-off legalities?

(Mike=A0Warren)
snip
Kay said:
Cea, of sewingbythecea, just posted the definitive answer on copyrights
as they apply to commercial patterns, on alt.sewing. I refer you to that
post.
continuing the fruitless debateIf you mean the answer from McCalls,
I don't believe that covers it.
----
True, it barely skims the surface, and if you read the answer from
MaCall's, they do state that copyright laws are complicated and
ever-evolving. Meaning: they did not reply to me with the be-all,
end-all explanation.
They did, however, reply with a simple, basic answer, which any of us
laymen ought to be able to understand, what they consider their
pattern copyrights to be. Simple. Basic. Not definitive. Not couched in
lawyerly terms. If that is what you want, please contact their staff of
lawyers. I'm sure they will more than glad to get some billable hours in
before the holidays.
Cea equally glad to get some billable hours, so
back to altering I go